account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Poll needed for the next xperia flagship

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 21 of 133
Message 21 of 133

Re: Poll needed for the next xperia phone

Yeah I totally agree, Sony should streamline content between all of its devices thoroughly. The content bought from inside the two new sony apps inside the arc should also be synchronized with other Sony devices properly.

Visitor
Message 22 of 133
Message 22 of 133

@Paul: I think the point 4 or the absence of point 4 is what ICS is all about. edge to edge displays with onscreen buttons. I think No buttons is the whole point of ICS. So just turn on screen with the power button and the other buttons can be skinned to anything you like... cool

Visitor
Message 23 of 133
Message 23 of 133

Have you guys seen this, Does this means the Hardware on the next xperia is frozen with these specs...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Ericsson-has-the-LT26i-Nozomi-LT28iLT28at-MT18i-MT27i-ST25i-in-t...

This definitely sucks...

One time poster
Message 24 of 133
Message 24 of 133

Well lets organize our thought and make it easier for the admin to post the poll...  we can go forever if you ask me.  but lets 6 things on poll just like the admin requested.  but lets also put standards... this is what i have in mind...

Standard features were no will disagree are the following

1- Dual processor

2- Latest updates

3- Gorilla Glass

4- 1.5 RAM minimum.

5- Announce release dates for phones and updates... plus or minus a week.

That way we don't have to bargain to what is absolutely no brainier.

as for the the optional stuff, lets see a poll:

1 - one version of the phone that works in Europe and U.S.  OR 1 day release to all phones world wide that way some countries won't be behind and SE start getting bad reps like always. 

2 - LTE

3 - Xenon Flash

4 - NFC

5 - one app that works on the PS3, Xperia, Vaio, Bravia... that way its easier to transfer those expansive movies that are useless out side one device.  and who watches movies on PSP when you have a tablet?

6 - LEDs make it unique, not the usual one dot LED, but lines and stuff

7. CRAZY Speaker

8. ACCESSORIES, skins, docks, workouts

9 - tough, water proof...

10 - CONDUCTIVE CHARGING, or two ways to charge your phone!  micro USB which is what we have now and another SONY ceation that make it easier to dock the phone in the dark.

11- deals with U.S.  companies, no one buys a full priced phone any more.

12- want to lead the android market?  tri or quad the processor.

now see what others  suggest, take the points submit the standards and the optional poll and lets start seeing results. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 25 of 133
Message 25 of 133

Indeed, I totally agree. So I think the points like these are standard and not a feature because they are there in every phone today on the market, i.e. 1GB RAM is definitely not a standard, it is a bare minimum to make sure the phone is not laggy, dual core, Gorilla glass, NFC etc.

There is already a poll for the SW features that user want to see in ICS so no need to add SW features.

So my suggestions for the feautures are

1. Cybershot and Walkman qualities inside the next xperia flagship, does not have to branded W and C but excellent sound and camera. so it needs excellent flash and more Megapixels and good optics for the camera and excellent audio HW DACs for the audio. I really want this. Volume button behaviour like Walkman series. We all know we won't have any W or C or J etc phones from next year. so why not make everything in one inside the new flagship.

2. Lots of bundled accessories, Livedocks, Liveview, premium headphones, yes those new ones, at least options in a special pack.

3. Stylish design, like an arc makeover, with no stupid bumps and optimal placements of jacks and LEDs, charging ports and the power button.

4. Edge to egde screen with thin bezels and HD screen which is brighter and higher contrast ratio.

Visitor
Message 26 of 133
Message 26 of 133

One thing for sure is that I hope the people at Sony knew that their phone had a build quality issue with the arc (cracks) and that is not going to happen again. How heartbreaking it is to see that there is a crack on the phone you just bought. By the way I hate that the Gallery also shows the pictures from the music folders, all the album arts keep showing up in Gallery. Also my friend had a W8 with bundled speakers and stuff I wish some arc editions comes with livedock and stuff.

Visitor
Message 27 of 133
Message 27 of 133

I actually plan to buy one flagship device and a backup so I am really rubbing my hands right now.

Commissioner
Message 28 of 133
Message 28 of 133

I don't want NFC integrated into any phone. I believe that the future of NFC is to integrate it into (full size) SIM cards.

The less things that the evil Google empire can get its hands on the better.

I also don't think it's fair to say that NOBODY buys non-contract phones. Personally, I will never buy a contract phone or be locked to one network.

Forum Legend
Message 29 of 133
Message 29 of 133

that's already possible (integrate NFC into the SIM card) or add it to the battery or the back cover, it doesn't take too much space, even with mini SIM cards we can just cut the original SIM card into the size of a mini SIM card so not a big problem there.

Commissioner
Message 30 of 133
Message 30 of 133

I know it's already possible so there is no need to integrate it. Not in microSIMs though. I strongly dislike microSIMs and it's a good excuse not to force them upon us Smiling Face with Sunglasses

I also wonder that if you intgrate NFC onto the board then will it interfere with NFC in a SIM?