account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Poll needed for the next xperia flagship

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 133
Message 11 of 133

Re: Poll needed for the next xperia phone

Well yeah its not there, but same crap of not knowing when the phone will be released is still SE favorate thing to do.

like the ARC S it was not known when it will be sold in the U.S. nit until a week a go.  who ever from SE responsible for that needs to step down.

oh i forgot LTE, LTE LTE LTE LTE LTE LTE if the phone does not have it i am NOT BUYING.

1 - LTE

2 - UNIFY one version for the world.  no american and international versions FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. aren't we all happy that there are no PAL and NTSC Blu rays?  is the iphone not selling well and poeple find it to easy and not confusing to know that an IPHONE works anywhere every where when unlocked. PLEASE

3 -  Keep a buttong for the camera.  i love that, hated the ray for not having a dedicated button.  but can we do it so that if you press it it will activate the phone unlock and put it in camera mode.

4 - NEW SE MANGEMENT, some poeple need to find another job.

----------------

the standards which should not be a request by now

1 - Dual Core, wanna be top notch make it 3 or 4 even if its not used, its one of those things that the owners want to brag about how powerful there phones is....  hey baby i got a quad phone whats your name!

2 - gorilla glass

3 - Latest updates

4 - Release Dates

5 - NO LESS THAN 1.5 GB of RAM.

6 - thin with a twist

THOSE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE WISH LIST, cuase no phone will do well without PERIOD.  everything else we mentioned is to make the SE phone the Alpha android and lead the pack.

One time poster
Message 12 of 133
Message 12 of 133

SONY we need a more simplified network.  PS3 does not play nice with my ARC.  if i buy a video on the PS3 i can ONLY transfer it to PSP not XPERIA.  come on your setting on a GOLD mine, we are telling what you need to do to make MONEY and make us happy at the same time.

Senario...

Mh..... Galaxy S II is Light years a head of the ARC.  but wait if i buythe arc it will play nice with my PS3... Galaxy won't.... thats a tough one, screw it i wont to be able to transfer movies between my SONY UNLIMITED VIDEO, LAPTOP PS3 and my phone..... for that i am buying the XPERIA

Commissioner
Message 13 of 133
Message 13 of 133

There are some things I do NOT want SE to change.

1. Please keep the microSD expansion and do NOT follow this stupid trend to remove it as rumoured.
  2. Please keep a standard-sized SIM.
  3. Please keep a removeable battery.
  4. Please keep the 3 slim tactile hardware Android buttons. I do not like non-tactile capacitive buttons, and I do not like the Galaxy Nexus style which also wastes screen space.
Commissioner
Message 14 of 133
Message 14 of 133

For some new hardware things I'd like:

- Fingerprint reader

- Alternative to fingerprint reader could be an IR camera sensor / carbon nanotube film so Face Unlock will work in the dark and not be fooled by photographs.

- A screen which can switch to a low-power mode to show the clock and notifications (like K800 and some other retro OLED phones did)

- 5GHz 802.11n Wi-fi support

- LTE Advanced

- UMA/GAM support

- Pentaband WCDMA

- Barometer for faster GPS lock-on

- Bluetooth 4.0, supporting all modes

- FM radio that doesn't require headphones for antenna (cheap £10 Samsung phones can do this)

- Wireless HDMI/DLNA/Intel Wireless Display

- Oleophobic surface that is easy to grip

- A HUGE battery - I'm sure you could custom-mould a battery in the form-factor of a Neo or a Pro so this would fit into the extra size. I do not like this stupid fashion trend for tech blogs to hype thin devices, as they already are more than thin enough already - use the extra thickness in the Neo or Pro for a thicker battery in a device that is moulded to the shape of the hand.

- Larger camera sensor with internal optical zoom and Xenon flash. Sony bought some other camera company that had internal optical zoom tech a decade ago. A good phone to put this in would actually be the Xperia Pro as it's got the extra thickness to accommodate the hardware. If you do some clever design with the slider then you could also use the slider as a lens cover (think Samsung D500).

For no other reason than because you can Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes:

- Carbon Monoxide (or other dangerous chemical) detector

- Rape alarm

- Pepper Spray

- Geiger counter

- Bottle opener

- Laser for detecting and scanning 3D objects

- Laser Range finder

- Laser pointer

- Mass spectrometer / electronic nose

- Piezo-electric touch screen which changes shape to give tactile feedback on button press.

- Metal detector or device which can detect RFID tags which you have placed on your lost belongings.

- Wireless charging

- Solar cell

- Phone charges through motion (as done by some watches)

- Wind-up to charge

- Holographic recording and projection

- Light projector for presentations

- What happened to Push To Talk walkie-talkie mode? Add a full normal peer-to peer walkie talkie that doesn't rely on basestations.

Commissioner
Message 15 of 133
Message 15 of 133

I disagree about the "world phone" thing. That's the US's problem for choosing different standards.

I don't want any American CDMAOne, CDMA2000 or EV-DO crap in my phone. The extra board area required for this could be used instead to give me even more awesomeness Dizzy Face.

Forum Legend
Message 16 of 133
Message 16 of 133

the whole American market it's were Sony Ericsson is heading, they need this market if they want to survive, that's why a global phone it's needed, and it's not just the US but all the Americas, Oceania, etc

Commissioner
Message 17 of 133
Message 17 of 133

The Americans chose not to use the GLOBAL standard in their 2/2.5/3G phones - that was THEIR fault. Give them pentaband WCDMA and no more.

What I am saying is this:

- Just make a truly global quad band GSM, pentaband WCDMA/UMTS phone which also works on all US 3GPP (GSM) networks. This would essentially merge what is now an "i" version and an "a" version into a new truly international "i" version.

- There would be a new "a" version which would have the 3GPP2 CDMA/EV-DO dung inside (as used by Verizon). People in other parts of the world would not need this crappy version, and therefore the chipsets of the phones in the rest of the world would not be burdened with wasting board area on features only there to appease American arrogance.

LTE is actually supposed to be the long-term solution to international compatibility, not adding every other standard under the sun.

Forum Legend
Message 18 of 133
Message 18 of 133

I agree on the GSM global phone, I don't really care much of the CDMA from Verizon and Sprint but that will be bias, have a real Global phone GSM as you described above, w/ global LTE of course. as long as it has LTE it will be compatible with other CDMA networks, not their CDMA network but their LTE frequencies

Visitor
Message 19 of 133
Message 19 of 133

@Luv2bugu: I agree those things are actually not wish list rather these things are standard with every phone these days. But for something to be release in the future it is rather unnerving to think that it is just going to be at par with the current flagships...

Visitor
Message 20 of 133
Message 20 of 133

I am kinda worried all the effort to make the phone global is going to increase the phone size and reduce the battery life, not to mention higher cost becuase of costlier SoC. e.g. MSM8255T vs 8655T