account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Poll needed for the next xperia flagship

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 81 of 133
Message 81 of 133

Re: Poll needed for the next xperia phone

Well, it seems that your "fear" may be reality judging by the rumours that I'm seeing.

There's a good chance that the Nozomi is to be based on a Qualcomm MSM8260 (8660 contains all that CDMA2000/EVDO guff which we don't care about :-P).

Another device to come with ST-Ericsson U8500. Personally. Out of the two I'd prefer the U8500 as Cortex A9 > Scorpion, rumoured better power efficiency, and perhaps better audio.

These are both 45nm parts, so really not much different to the current generation apart from the extra core. I think people on this thread perhaps have unrealistic expectations on how long these things take to get into a mass-produced phones - usually there is a lot of feedback between phone companies and chip company, with several revisions before mass-production is ramped up. Perhaps we may see an "S" variant with the next generation of chips towards the end of next year.

Commissioner
Message 82 of 133
Message 82 of 133

Re: Poll needed for the next xperia flagship

Well, considering that the latest rumours are pointing to a pathetic 1320 mAh battery for their non-bulky device, then I'd definitely be voting for battery!

Master
Message 83 of 133
Message 83 of 133

just 1320 Neutral Face its very low...and i think ics will demand more battery....

we just have to wait

One time poster
Message 84 of 133
Message 84 of 133

I refuse to vote on something that should be standard.  i am not going to choose between gorilla glass vs dual core, LTE Vs world phone.  this is tricky....

Dectatorship is as fallows, ill spare your life if you work. or you want buy a car with optional seat belts!  applying the same concept voting on a dual core when we all know any smartphone for 2012 without dual core is suicide.

I believe we should agree on what should be considered standard for 2012, and vote ONLY on what could be optional... Example

lets agree for example, an Elite Samrt standard for a 2012 is must have dual cameras.  the option here is weather the front camera should be able to record 720P.....  thats something i can see my self not voting for as it does not intrest me.... but i refuse to to vote weather the phone should have dual cameras, in which for 2012 such feature must be standard. 

to be honest i can work with 6 options to vote on... but i geuss we first agree and decide on what we should consider standard for 2012 elite smart phone, and then list 6 extra options that would love to have. 

Standards is a feature if its missing, either its a deal breaker or disqualifies the phone from going head to head with the big boys.

optional feature is something new we would love for the phone to have, but if not we can still be happy.  

if you all agree, then we can list the standards just like they were listed by uliwooly-wooly but more simplified, and extra otinal features to be submitted for the mods to be listed....  i hope i am making sense Slightly smiling Face.

Forum Legend
Message 85 of 133
Message 85 of 133

I think for the most part each time Google release a phone, it show the other manufacturers what their phones should have like the minimum aspects

so this time google's galaxy nexus

Galaxy Nexus
What can be improved

Dual Core 1.2GHz cortex-A9

1GB RAM

16/32GB ROM

Faster Dual core or Quad core

1.5GB RAM

internal space seems fine

as long as we have an SD card slot

support for 64GB micro SD Slightly smiling Face

4.65in Super AMOLED screen

720p (720x1280) 316ppi

Oleophobic surface

Gorilla glass or Dragon trail

Multi-touch screen

Accelerometer sensor

touch-sensitive controls

Proximity sensor

Ambient light sensor

3-axis Gyro sensor

NFC sensor

Digital Compas

2nd mic for noise cancellation

Barometer

maybe better speakers

5mp Rear camera

LED flash

Autofocus, touch foucs, geo-tagging, face detection

1080p video at 30fps

front facing camera 1.3mp

at least 12mp Exmor sensor

(w/o the compression problems)

Xenon Flash

1080p video at a higher fps

at least 5mp front facing camera

optical zoom at least 2X, 5x will be great

and digital zoom too

Battery 1850mAhmore battery
2G/3G/4G LTEworld phone
Commissioner
Message 86 of 133
Message 86 of 133

I don't agree that "internal space seems fine", especially when there is no SD card slot for expansion. I would rather have 4GB ROM + microSDXC (16/32GB card included). SDXC supports up to 2TB in size!!!

I am also liking the look of Sony's "WhiteMagic" RGBW displays, which could have a bigger benefit than just bumping up the battery - look to give both better brightness and much lower power consumption (I think if you have an 1850mAh then you are actually doing rather well - unfortunately rumours are quoting 1320 for Nypon Slightly frowning Face ).

I would rather than they focused on image quality than megapixels for the camera. Add a more powerful flash, put in a bigger lens ... and innovate on an optical zoom.

One time poster
Message 87 of 133
Message 87 of 133

now we aregetting somewhere,

1 - people can vote on quad vs 1.5 GB RAM, knowing the standard is dual, 1 GB ram. 

2 - That standrad is pretty high, coming close to it is awesome, sony Black bravia tech white bravia teck it can compete.  gorilla or dragon is so votable...

3 - may i top it with, better speakers, water proof, or blutooth 4.0?

4 - the standard we all know wont be less than 8.1 MP... option how about better night pictures (iphone 4s is drasticly AMAZING, yet same arc camera sensor)

5 - 1850 should be the standard Especially is LTE is on board.  option (conductive or creative second way of charging)

6 - no one could list it any better than the way you listed it.... option world phone with stressting on 1 update for all for unlocked versions as well (UNIFIED UPDATES) one day release for all handsets all around the world and the handset being able to work on most world networks...

whats left out?

ICS latest updates should be standard.

Release dates, more announcements.

Mobile carrier contracts ESPECIALLY IN THE USA. <--- i think this is important for the sake of SE and spreading in the U.S.  and its not for selfish reasons hehe Slightly smiling Face

so far this is the closest we have been to 6 points...  i think the next step is to finalize the options and submit them to the mods... perhaps you might edit a little Slightly smiling Face.  and thank you so much you pretty much nailed it and i am at 90% agreement with you. 

Master
Message 88 of 133
Message 88 of 133

i was just wondering..

i mean 2012 range would have been finalised.. i mean al the specifications and all have been set..

so do you think eve after creating a poll it will affect anything..??

they wont change something based on one poll...

Visitor
Message 89 of 133
Message 89 of 133

Yes Slim, By the time people could vote the  HW is already at different stages of assembly, So its a bit pointless. Anyway let see ...

Visitor
Message 90 of 133
Message 90 of 133

Okay then sum it up guys and lets have the poll already ...