account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Poll needed for the next xperia flagship

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 61 of 133
Message 61 of 133

Re: Poll needed for the next xperia flagship

I did, World Phone (both i and a together)

One time poster
Message 62 of 133
Message 62 of 133

oh yes saw it... sorry did not read every single line...well looks good.  now i wonder how much would such request and wishes would make a change!  i really hope so...  and as you can see today rumers were flying about when the xperia getting ICS, one said march and the other said first week of jan...

They need to just issue official statments sooner the rumers taking over...   they can be good or bad, and so far the rumers of march are bad, lets see how long it takes them to fix such negative press. 

Forum Legend
Message 63 of 133
Message 63 of 133

yeah an official statement will be great but highly unlikely Slightly frowning Face we'll have to wait and see

One time poster
Message 64 of 133
Message 64 of 133

i just want to see major changes, if major announcments were highly UNlikely, then i want to see highly LIKELY for a change if you know what i mean!  today is 11.28.2011 lets how long it will take

Forum Legend
Message 65 of 133
Message 65 of 133

I hope not too long

Visitor
Message 66 of 133
Message 66 of 133

So when are the mods going to step in?Neutral Face

Commissioner
Message 67 of 133
Message 67 of 133

Re: Poll needed for the next xperia phone

(deleted post??)

Not experience using it, but certainly professional experience in making it happen. I have seen more than enough raw performance data.

I recommend Winterstars post below.

Commissioner
Message 68 of 133
Message 68 of 133

As an additonal feature, I'd like them to drastically improve the Wi-fi antenna performance.

On the topic of the poll, no doubt the 2012 Xperias are already designed by now, so being so exact in terms of specification is unlikely to have any affect. I actually like the fact that the 2011 Xperias are all based on the same platform with the only difference being physical size - it counterintuitively has a competitive advantage as is simpler for the average consumer and simpler to support - if there is, however, to be major differential market segmentation (i.e. dividing into high, mid, low internals etc.) then this will probably have been one of the first things done, so I don't see the point in being so precise about that either.

Even though I'd rather have a discussion than a poll (internet polls are never known for their accuracy or representative nature), I actually think that a better formula poll would be to ask what general areas SE should be putting its most effort into improving.

e.g.:

Which area should SE should be putting its most effort into improving, especially for flagships:

1. Raw processing/memory/graphics/UI performance

2. Better Battery autonomy

3. Quality of Connectivity (2G/3G/4G/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/GPS)

4. UI software and apps

5. Display

6. Camera

7. Audio

8. Mechanical hardware build quality

9. Crazy new novel features and sensors

10. Support services e.g. PC sync applications, cloud services, app/music/video stores, online support services

OK, that's 10 and not 6, but I'm not so sure how strict the 6 requirement is! Thinking Face

EDIT: ooops, didn't see WinterStars post above with his 6. If 6 is strict, then I'd go with that. I guess it's WinterStars' thread, so leave it to you to what style you want, or if want to merge as you didn't include my personal favourite of battery autonomy, or the crazy wildcard Winking Face I also like the idea of voting on what you'd like to be most improved generally, rather than being to specific about specs.

Master
Message 69 of 133
Message 69 of 133

i missed all the talk Crying Face

Master
Message 70 of 133
Message 70 of 133

i agree , wifi keeps dropping connection..

point 2 & 3 : not that bad in current phones...

point 4 : whats the problem with uo software and apps..??

point 5 : display..?? less battery consumption..?? well arc hd will have 720p screen...so display will be good in coming xperia;s Winking Face

point 6 : yes they have to fix the camera issue in low daylight..

point 7 : huge disappointment Slightly frowning Face sony was famous for the walkman and the people here were crazy about it so i thought the audio will be good but its average..

point 8 : didn't understand..