account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

OTG cable attached and can see mouse cursor however...

Adviser
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

OTG cable attached and can see mouse cursor however...

The mouse cursor will not move when I move the mouse. It is stuck on lock screen saying swipe to open. My screen is broken. I can't access this phone. Is there a problem with OTG on android 7? because that's the vibe I'm picking up

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: OTG cable attached and can see mouse cursor however...

@Hwithyll have you tried to restart the device to toggle the OTG detection?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: OTG cable attached and can see mouse cursor however...

Yes I have. That's how I got the mouse cursor to display because before that there was nothing. The mouse cursor just does not move. So I used a Playstation pad, did the same, allowed a reset with the pad plugged in. Now I have been able to navigate 70% of phones features but I have a serious complaint against Sony's shortsightedness and sloppiness. 

1. Sony has a 'must enter pin after reset' regardless of fingerprint option

2. Sony has a 'choose option upon USB-PC connection.

3. Only half the options on the phone are accessible using a control pad

So although I have managed to save my photos and videos to google drive, I still cannot reset the phone, remove the stupid pin number or fingerprint. I can't remove accounts like WhatsApp nor can I do an Xperia transfer.

Sony has really disappointed me with this phone. The overheating processor that burns your screen, the microphone and call quality issues, the refusal of warranty, the pathetic price offered to buy it back. Sony has become sloppy.