account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

KRACK attack on wifi WPA2

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 81
Message 11 of 81

Re: KRACK Exploit of WPA 2

But we do not expect Sony investment in new major Android release, only patches for WPA2 and Bluetooth...

Visitor
Message 12 of 81
Message 12 of 81

KRACK patch

Hi,

will the Z3 Compact be patched?

I have the lastest update, but this vulnerability is very important.

Thanks a lot.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 81
Message 13 of 81

Re: KRACK patch

If you can, use VPN or at least encrypted  https websites until patch is released.

"Note that currently 50% of Android devices are vulnerable to this exceptionally devastating variant of our attack."

https://www.krackattacks.com/

Adviser
Message 14 of 81
Message 14 of 81

KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability in Z3

Hello,

Sony plans to fix KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability in Z3 and other android 6.x devices ?

Thanks.

Emperor
Message 15 of 81
Message 15 of 81

Re: KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability in Z3

@estas

I'll escalate this.

This is my opinion. If the phone it's no longer supported, or has reached EOL I doubt that it will get further updates.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 16 of 81
Message 16 of 81

Thanks for getting this raised.

Please could someone clarify how old a phone is when 'no longer supported'?  Effectively at that stage it could become so vulnerable to security threats it is not worth using.  But hardly anyone reads these threads or would be aware of this, so millions of Android users are using vulnerable phones.

Adviser
Message 17 of 81
Message 17 of 81

18 months since the release... then you must to buy new phone Slightly smiling Face it's sony politics... Google still make security patches for android starting from 4.4.4 for OEMs, but they not want update thier devices Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 18 of 81
Message 18 of 81

Security Updates (Blueborne, KRACK)

At the moment the Z3 Compact has at least to major security problems:

1. Blueborne

2. KRACK

I understand that a manufacturer does not want to provide updates forever and I'm fine with Android 6 ony my Z3 Compact.

However - the Z3 Compact is just about 3 years old and still sold. As long as a product is sold on the market there should be at least security updates. Otherwise Sony is deliberately selling insecure products or at least accepts that users will use insecure products.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 19 of 81
Message 19 of 81

Re: Security Updates (Blueborne, KRACK)

Learner
Message 20 of 81
Message 20 of 81

Re: Security Updates (Blueborne, KRACK)

Well, not true for ALL models, especially problematic is Z3 Compact. Last security updates 1st Feb 2016?! This is truely bad. Sony, do something about it!