account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

How to Synchronise my outlook with my phone

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

How to Synchronise my outlook with my phone

I just purchased the SE Live with Walkman. I want to synchronise my calendar & contacts with my phone on an ongoing basis WITHOUT going through any online web service ( Google or SE or any other ) -- just straight from my PC to my phone in the good old offline way. How can i do this?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to Synchronise my outlook with my phone

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php Try using My Phone Explorer.

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php Try using My Phone Explorer.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

i get a message stating that there is no Android phone associated with my account & hence cannot download. How does one associate the phone with the google account. This is my first Android phone.

Regards

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

The link I gave you is for downloading to a PC, not the phone.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi. Thanks for your help. I installed it & it works very well. Thanx a ton.

Regards

sai

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

No worries.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi,

I recently re-imaged my PC & installed Windows 7. Now i find that Myphoneexplorer does not work. Though i connect the phone with a USB cable i get a message stating "Connection to phone could not be established". When i try to connect using Bluetooth, i get a message stating Bluetooth driver is not available though my phone paired with the PC.

Does this app support Win 7? If yes, is it a different version? I have installed ver 1.8.2

Warm Regards

Sai

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

From what I know, it is compatible with Win 7, so try switching off your antivirus/firewall and /or running it with the PC in safe mode, and see if that works.You may also want to try changing the default COM port for USB connection.

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&feature=search_result The other thing you can do, is install the My Phone Explorer client in your phone, and see if you can establish a connection with the PC version through that.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

It's certainly compatible with Windows 7 - I've been using MyPhoneExplorer for years (although for Synchronising with Outlook I also don't mind the Sony Ericsson software).

If MyPhoneExplorer isn't working, try a few things:

• Make sure the Sony Ericsson PC Suite isn't running. I don't think it is, but it could be incompatible.
  • In MFE go into File => Settings and make sure Android is selected under phone type.
  • You could try changing the COM ports, but before you try that, making sure your phone is plugged in, hit Scan for Device.