account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How do the new iPhones compare to Sony Xperia devices? is the new iPhone better than other phones?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

How do the new iPhones compare to Sony Xperia devices? is the new iPhone better than other phones?

Interested to hear whether people think that the new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X is better than the new Sony Xperia? Or other mobile devices? from Samsung or LG? One major thing for me is battery life, how does the iPhones battery life compare to other mobiles? Xperia devices? and other devices?

2 REPLIES 2
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do the new iPhones compare to Sony Xperia devices? is the new iPhone better than other phone

Do you mean battery lifetime between charges or battery lifespan, as in how long before battery decline sets in?

Anyway Seems like iPhone 8 battery is the same as iPhone 7.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do the new iPhones compare to Sony Xperia devices? is the new iPhone better than other phone

@TJames wrote:

Interested to hear whether people think that the new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X is better than the new Sony Xperia? Or other mobile devices? from Samsung or LG? One major thing for me is battery life, how does the iPhones battery life compare to other mobiles? Xperia devices? and other devices?

Hey Tjames, in my opinion I think that other than the iPhone X, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus don't really compare to the S8/Note 8/V30 on many levels. I personally don't mind bezels, but there's no doubt that Samsung's and LG's devices look much more futuristic which definitely work in their favour. Both the S8 and V30 have wireless charging, OLED Panels, IP68 Certification and higher resolution displays, although display resolution is of personal preference. Really, the only thing I think the iPhone 8 has over the S8 and V30 is the A11 SOC, which is absolutely powerful. For Sony's XZ1, it's a tighter race because they both have rather large bezels, although Sony has  front facing stereo speakers, both have water resistance and are both powered by LCD displays. Their camera's should be pretty equal but I am thinking that Apple will have the edge due to their image processing. In terms of performance, the 835 won't be as good as the A11, not in single core performance at least, so I think that between Sony and Apple, the deciding factor will probably be whether you want iOS or Android.