account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Google Play Music on SD Card

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Google Play Music on SD Card

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it was possible to put the downloaded Google Play Music on an SD Card? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Google Play Music on SD Card

Hi edmonddantes1829, you aren't able to transfer music downloaded from the Play Store to the SD card as this music is protected by digital rights management, to prevent unauthorized redistribution of digital media and restrict the ways consumers can copy content they've purchased.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Genius
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi edmonddantes1829, you aren't able to transfer music downloaded from the Play Store to the SD card as this music is protected by digital rights management, to prevent unauthorized redistribution of digital media and restrict the ways consumers can copy content they've purchased.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

You could but you will have to root your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Thanks guys.
Emperor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@edmonddantes1829

anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Have you looked at the Music Mate app? I use it to move Google Play music from the phone's memory to the SD card and to make music from the Play Store visible to the Walkman app, which I much prefer to the Google Music app. I love it - I was so happy when I stumbled across it and was able to free some space on my creaking old Xperia Ion!

You can try the app free, to move 50 songs. After that, there is a charge to allow you to move unlimited songs.