account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can’t remember password on Sony xz3

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Can’t remember password on Sony xz3

Hi

for three hours I have been trying to remember the password not passcode on the Sony XZ3. I’ve down loads of passwords and it won’t accept them, then having to wait a minute to try again.

I tried to put it in safe mode by pressing volume button and start, but it doesn’t go into safe mode at all.

i am writing this on my IPad.

i do have a google account and it found my phone, not that I had lost it, but google doesn’t seem to save them.

i haven’t a normal computer.

can you help at all, it doesn’t even come up with any options to press, or a password reminder.

this is making me stressed.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Re: Can’t remember password on Sony xz3

@Michelle65 

I know how frustrating this is, but once you either remember the password or reset the device, perhaps this will be a good option

Smart Lock feature

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz3/userguide/screen-lock/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

@Michelle65 

I'm sorry to hear about this new issue, but you have 2 options 

Either 

1. keep trying 

or 

2. use Android Device Manager to find then reset the device, yes, it will delete everything on the phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi, thanks for the reply, but I’m not all that tech, how do I find a device manager, and I only have an iPad, not main computer. Cheers

Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@Michelle65 

here you go:

www.google.com/android/find

Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi, I’ve been on there half the night lol, I know where my Sony is, it’s the password I can’t remember, surely google won’t tell me that? I’ve looked for something to reset whatever, and no the wiser, thank you

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I’ve just spotted on the link you gave me “ Erase Device” is that what I need to do. If so, once I put google password in, it’s like a new phone starting over? Thanks

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@Michelle65 

Google changed the service, it used to have the option to change the password so you could unlock the device without resetting it, but now it's only that option to Find, Lock or Erase 

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Great, so am stuffed with a brand new mobile I have on contract. Surely there is something, I need this phone albeit it’s my fault but as a disabled person, it’s my lifeline.

im wondering whether to ring virgin up to see if they can do anything, somewhere I read stated changing the sim won’t help? Unfortunately when my mobile comes back online, it’s going to erase everything now as pressed the button, 

sony need to do something about this, am all for security, but not even giving a hint is beyond me. , please see post below, I have another thought, but didn’t want to confuse anyone.

thank you

Adviser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

A thought if anyone has one of these phones

when you set a password, not pin code on a Sony 

can anyone look or know exactly the questions that is asked, I thought if I knew the questions, it may jog my memory.

thank you

Emperor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Michelle65 

I know how frustrating this is, but once you either remember the password or reset the device, perhaps this will be a good option

Smart Lock feature

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz3/userguide/screen-lock/

View solution in original post