account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera Naming Photos Problem

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Camera Naming Photos Problem

Hello. What I don't like about all Sony mobile phones I have had is how they name the photos like DSC-001. I usually transfer my photos to my pc under folders which are based on every year. The problem is when I transfer my photos and then take new photos by mobile phone, the names are reset from DSC-0001....Later when I want to transfer them to same folder in my pc, I get error that same name already exists in the folder Slightly frowning Face
Can't Sony just use same algorithm as other phones like Samsung to name photos and videos as the date and time they were taken? It's much clearer and easier to sort and figure out when they were taken.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: Camera Naming Photos Problem

@alirezanasibi

Did you read my suggestion carefully? transfer ALL the pictures but make sure to leave the last picture on your phone, also, if you have the Xperia Z3 you don't have to worry so much on running out of space, or you can buy a SD card and use it to store all the pictures and videos. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Covered already:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Album/z2-photos-name/m-p/956538#M1783

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/Problem-with-the-photos/m-p/1030923#M22858

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-M2-M2-Aqua/Rename-photos/m-p/1003968#M6409

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Simple, whenever you transfer the pictures leave the last picture on your phone, that way the picture count wont reset.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

The reason I transfer photos is to save storage in my phone. I conclude this is impossible to change for Sony.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@alirezanasibi

Did you read my suggestion carefully? transfer ALL the pictures but make sure to leave the last picture on your phone, also, if you have the Xperia Z3 you don't have to worry so much on running out of space, or you can buy a SD card and use it to store all the pictures and videos. 

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Yes, we noted. Thank you.
Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@alirezanasibi

anytime

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

This is a workaround...

This is absolutely idiotic. Other android/windows phones use date naming. Iphone uses the same as Sony but it doesn't restart the counter. Now I have to cut all pics but the last one has to be copied... 

xperia xz / iphone 6s / lumia 950 / surface 4 pro