account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

BlueBorne

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 59
Message 51 of 59

Re: BlueBorne

How about the older phone models? Like D5503 Z1 Compact ?

Are you guys not patching them and leaving customers vulnerable?

Learner
Message 52 of 59
Message 52 of 59

Bad news for everyone with old smartphone...

At the moment Sony does not have plans to cover the security whole for Z3 and older devices.

So far Google has better support for their Nexus phones. The latest one (Pixel 2) is a very good alternative for people looking for longer support on their expensive investment.

Learner
Message 53 of 59
Message 53 of 59

This was a last nail in the coffin for me also.

Sony became one of the worst co. from one-and-only for me a once. Had terrible support and experience for both smartphone and smart TV. I guess leaving your old loyal customers in the void makes you not so smart at all.

Rookie
Message 54 of 59
Message 54 of 59

Re: Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne require September update to get Patched are we gonna get it?

In addition to blueborne, you can add quarooter that is not entirely patched and the Krack for wap2 now.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 55 of 59
Message 55 of 59

Re: Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne require September update to get Patched are we gonna get it?

Dear Sony support,

do you kiddin me?

I bought several Sony devices to connect it to my z2 tablet via Bluetooth to use the rich features and now I  cannot use it anymore due to not offered security patch???

I just bought last year following:

Sony smart TV, Sony smart band, Sony Srs-zr7, Sony portable speaker, etc.

Now I cannot use them anymore like you have been advertised! I only bought the above devices due to your warranted product specifications.

Please reply what I can do to use my Sony equipment again like you warranted.

One time poster
Message 56 of 59
Message 56 of 59

Blue borne

Anti virus on my phone discover  that I have valunerability. called blue borne and asked me to make a system apdate to solve this problem. But my system already updated. So please tell my what I have to do. Many thanks 

Andy michael

Visitor
Message 57 of 59
Message 57 of 59

Re: BlueBorne - now Meltdown / Spectre

Hello Sony

Can you let us know which of these phones will get the Jan 2018 security update?

I rather suspect that some models - Xperia X and X Performance won't get it?

Can you confirm please?

Many thanks

One time poster
Message 58 of 59
Message 58 of 59

Sony Experia Z3 Dual BlueBorne problem

I have a problem because the system of Z3 Dual can't be updated and because of that there's still a blueborne leak so my phone could be hacked so i am scared to use bluetooth,what i have to do?

One time poster
Message 59 of 59
Message 59 of 59

BlueBorne

My phone is Sony Xperia XA but it is infected with Blueborne malware. How to fix it.

Android: 7.1.2
Root: NoScreenshot_20181019-112653.png