account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

BlueBorne

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 41 of 59
Message 41 of 59

Re: Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne

NOTE: I contacted SonyMobile on Sep-13, 2017 through questions.CA@support.sonymobile.com and all I got is: "Sony Mobile treats the security and privacy of customer data with the utmost seriousness. We are aware of the issue known as 'BlueBorne' and would like to reassure our users and that protective patches have been provided as part of our ongoing Security Update Programme - patched devices will have Android Security Patch dated 2017-09-01 or later."

Learner
Message 42 of 59
Message 42 of 59

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 is Vuln to BlueBorne

SonyMobile does not want to release an official statement on the BlueBorne issue.

It sounds like they want to throw us under the bus...

I hope that I am wrong.

Apprentice
Message 43 of 59
Message 43 of 59

Re: BlueBorne

Yesterday Sony released an update for the Z5 family:
https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5_family_firmware_update-news-27618.php

It provides security patch level of 1 September 2017 which is supposed to fix the Blueborne vulnerability according to this website:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/09/13/googles-september-security-patch-fixes-blueborne-bluetooth-v...

The Armis app confirms that it has fixed mine.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 44 of 59
Message 44 of 59

Hi everyone,

Sony Mobile treats the security and privacy of customer data with the utmost seriousness. We are aware of the issue known as ‘BlueBorne’ and would like to reassure our users and that protective patches have been provided as part of our ongoing Security Update Programme - patched devices will have Android™ Security Patch dated 2017-09-01 or later.

The following Xperia™ devices will receive protective patches

• Xperia™ X Performance
  • Xperia™ X
  • Xperia™ X Compact
  • Xperia™ XZ
  • Xperia™ XZ Premium
  • Xperia™ XZs
  • Xperia™ XZ1
  • Xperia™ XZ1 Compact
  • Xperia™ Z3+
  • Xperia™ Z4 Tablet
  • Xperia™ Z5
  • Xperia™ Z5 Compact
  • Xperia™ Z5 Premium
  • Xperia™ XA1
  • Xperia™ XA1 Ultra
  • Xperia™ L1
  • Xperia™ XA1 Plus

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 45 of 59
Message 45 of 59

Hi,

How about Xperia Z5 dual? 

Thanks, 

B.

Visitor
Message 46 of 59
Message 46 of 59

My workphone Xperia XA received firmware update 33.3.A.1.97 just today, with August security patches, as it seems. However, according to the Armis app, my device is still vulnerable to BlueBorne. Hasn't Sony had plenty of time to fix this vulnerability by now...?

Xperia XA was released in June 2016. Not that long ago. Cannot believe it is not included in the list of devices that will receive the patch.

Apprentice
Message 47 of 59
Message 47 of 59

Just got the update for my Z5 Compact. The BlueBorne vulnerability is fixed now. (Patchdate 1. Sept. 2017). Thank you, Sony, for your support! Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 48 of 59
Message 48 of 59

When will the "Sony Xperia Z5 Dual" be patched?

Learner
Message 49 of 59
Message 49 of 59

Why will the Xperia Z3+ get a patch and the Z3 Compact not? Both are vulnerable!

Adviser
Message 50 of 59
Message 50 of 59

Hi sony,

What about z3 and z2 tablet ?