account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

BlueBorne

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 31 of 59
Message 31 of 59

Re: BlueBorne

Congratulations, keep buying Sony in Russia ... In Spain NEVER MORE SONY

Adviser
Message 32 of 59
Message 32 of 59

For ZL you can try lineageos

Adviser
Message 33 of 59
Message 33 of 59

No, thanks... i have some old devices, like z2 tablet and z3, they will not receive updates Slightly frowning Face no more sony...

Apprentice
Message 34 of 59
Message 34 of 59

Plan for pull security update for BlueBorne bug in Bluetooth

Hi,

I someone know, does Sony plan to pull security update for BlueBorne bug to our phones ?

Here is nice link describing this very danger bug:

https://www.armis.com/blueborne/

regards

Message 35 of 59
Message 35 of 59

Re: Plan for pull security update for BlueBorne bug in Bluetooth

Hi, @Lennon59

Why don't you check for updates right now? Maybe you'll find something waiting for you!

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 36 of 59
Message 36 of 59

Thanks 

Learner
Message 37 of 59
Message 37 of 59

Yesterday Sony support say that they will not publish BlueBorne update to Z2. That is sad. My plan was buy new Xperia at near future and move that to secondary phone. But I cannot support company who does not keep care of their product security. So it was last sony what I get. Because of my position in company we also blacklist sony phones at our security policy in our company. It is better to invest for products what have proper security culture. 

Message 38 of 59
Message 38 of 59

Hi @Quester , 

What about Z5 Compact, I have been calling the xperia support line in the UK and noone even knows what BlueBorne is. I get it that Sony wants us to buy their new devices, but at this point, we're talking about a phone that's barely 2 years old. My contract isn't even due for an upgrade.

Adviser
Message 39 of 59
Message 39 of 59

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 is Vuln to BlueBorne

Any update from Sony on this?

Even though support for Z1 might have run out, they are likely endangering hundreds of thousands of peoples money, devices, data and privacy by not fixing them. I'm estimating remaing Z1 users as well as _any_ other bluetooth enabled devices that might be walked past an infected Z1. People can't buy a new phone that fast. Sony should take it's responsibility to apply the fix to ALL their devices seriously.

Learner
Message 40 of 59
Message 40 of 59

Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne

Did anyone with Sony Xperia smartphone received a security patch for the recent Bluetooth vulnerability called BlueBorne?

More info here:
https://www.xda-developers.com/bluetooth-vulnerability-blueborne-impacts-android-ios-windows-and-lin...

https://www.armis.com/blueborne/

Check your phone with this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.armis.blueborne_detector

Thank you,
Slav