account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

BlueBorne

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 59
Message 11 of 59

Re: BlueBorne

my xperia xz is in the July version and is also vulnerable.

but that does not matter to Sony, they already took our money.

they want us to buy the last model, but the deception does not work forever, the next phone I promise will not be Sony.

and do not expect a solution, either in your local provider or in this forum. No one knows who depends on this inattention.

One time poster
Message 12 of 59
Message 12 of 59

Will Sony feel obliged to finally give z3c attention and fix Bluetooth now?

With this new media frenzy about someone finally revealing/listening to the many warnings about Bluetooth security issues, I am wondering if big old ignorant Sony will finally get their butt in gear and throw some attention in this device's direction after more than a year's silence...?!  

Bluetooth is seriously flawed and manufacturers must deliver patch. That's you, Sony Mobile Inc. 

Maybe you could see fit to prepare a long overdue Android 7 or 8 upgrade, but I fear you might be lacking the expertise...  

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/bluetooth-bugs-open-billions-of-devices-to-at...

One time poster
Message 13 of 59
Message 13 of 59

Blueborne vulnerability

There is a security vulnerability when using Bluetooth with a wide range of devices. Google have released a security patch for Android in their September update, but it is up to manufacturers to modify and release versions specific to their devices.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Looking at threads for other Sony phones, it doesn't look like Sony are necessarily planning to do this. I have emailed support to clarify. Perhaps if lots of us do this, they may take notice? 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 14 of 59
Message 14 of 59

Re: Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne require September update to get Patched are we gonna get it?

I agree, this is an extremely serious issue. Until it is fixed all the bluetooth accessories are pretty much useless. I can't imagine Sony will leave Z5 users like this.

Adviser
Message 15 of 59
Message 15 of 59

Is Sony x compact (7.1.1) vulnerable to blueborne attack?

Dears,

I would like to ask if is sony x compact on android 7.1.1 with the latest available security update vulnerable to new blueborne bluetooth attack if yes, when will be new sec update available.

Thank you

Best regards

Frantisek

Adviser
Message 16 of 59
Message 16 of 59

Re: Sony z3 BlueBorne fix ?

Russian official support chat promised to release security updates for all models with android 6, but i dont know how much they are competent. 

Learner
Message 17 of 59
Message 17 of 59

It start looks that Sony will handle that so bandly that I need buy new phone on monday to get thing rolling again. And it will not be Sony. 

One time poster
Message 18 of 59
Message 18 of 59

tried blueborne on a 34.3.A.0.217 device

does not work to pwn (yet)

Apprentice
Message 19 of 59
Message 19 of 59

I don't understand Sony policy. They, as the first cell phone vendor, annonced that they'll update many Xperia models to Android 8.0. Now I read that they don't deploy security updates.
I don't understand. Security patch looks to be more easy to deploy than whole operating system

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 59
Message 20 of 59

is unjustifiable the attitude of sony, in a single model of cell phone have up to five different versions of software, then we talk about the fragmentation of android, THE BLAME IS THE MANUFACTURER NOT GOOGLE. a low-range galaxy is more updated than a high-end Sony (hangs the photos that show in another post) and worst of all is that there are no responsible, no answers, no explanation and as a consequence there is no solution for the client,