account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

BlueBorne

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 10 of 59
Message 10 of 59

BlueBorne

When Sony plans to deploy August security update for Android? This one contains fix for malware known as BlueBorne. 

My Xperia XA1 my update from June.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 44 of 59
Message 44 of 59

Re: BlueBorne

Hi everyone,

Sony Mobile treats the security and privacy of customer data with the utmost seriousness. We are aware of the issue known as ‘BlueBorne’ and would like to reassure our users and that protective patches have been provided as part of our ongoing Security Update Programme - patched devices will have Android™ Security Patch dated 2017-09-01 or later.

The following Xperia™ devices will receive protective patches

• Xperia™ X Performance
  • Xperia™ X
  • Xperia™ X Compact
  • Xperia™ XZ
  • Xperia™ XZ Premium
  • Xperia™ XZs
  • Xperia™ XZ1
  • Xperia™ XZ1 Compact
  • Xperia™ Z3+
  • Xperia™ Z4 Tablet
  • Xperia™ Z5
  • Xperia™ Z5 Compact
  • Xperia™ Z5 Premium
  • Xperia™ XA1
  • Xperia™ XA1 Ultra
  • Xperia™ L1
  • Xperia™ XA1 Plus

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 59
Message 1 of 59

Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne require September update to get Patched are we gonna get it?

Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne require September security update So we need to have it or else our devices will get compromised easily if someone forgets Bluetooth is on

More in info here

https://www.xda-developers.com/bluetooth-vulnerability-blueborne-impacts-android-ios-windows-and-lin...

One time poster
Message 2 of 59
Message 2 of 59

Re: Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne require September update to get Patched are we gonna get it?

If we dont get the update bluetooth is useless.

More info here: https://www.armis.com/blueborne/

you can check your phone with this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.armis.blueborne_detector&hl=de

We will see how good sony is with patches.

have a blue day

Adviser
Message 3 of 59
Message 3 of 59

Sony z3 BlueBorne fix ?

Hello,

Sony plans to fix BlueBorne vulnerability in Z3 ?

Google have patch for OEMs includes Android 6.0 and 7.0

Learner
Message 4 of 59
Message 4 of 59

Security update to fix BlueBorne vulnerability

How I can get security update for z2 to fix BlueBorne vulnerability?

One time poster
Message 5 of 59
Message 5 of 59

Re: Bluetooth Vulnerability BlueBorne require September update to get Patched are we gonna get it?

I have checked with the support both via phone and email. The phone support had no idea whatsoever and via email I was told that updates are made only 18 months after phone release. Security updates might come after that deadline but that's at Sony's discretion. I'm sorry to say it, but that's the final nail in the coffin. I gues I'll never get a Sony phone again.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 59
Message 6 of 59

Sony Xperia XZ is vulnerable to BlueBorne.

With the September security update, it seems to be fixed.

And what does Sony do to protect its customers?

at least in Spain, leave us forgotten in the security update of JULIO, being a FREE mobile phone not personalized for any company.

Is this the customer satisfaction that Sony offers?

I hope someone respond without putting an excuse to Google (they have already released the update) or that the versions of the operator go slower (not true) is a free terminal that does not belong to any company.

One time poster
Message 7 of 59
Message 7 of 59

Re: Sony z3 BlueBorne fix ?

Hi Sony, 

me too! Patch level of my z3 is 1st Mai. Google provided solution to partners by early August, right?

What is your plan?

Regards

Adviser
Message 8 of 59
Message 8 of 59

actually sony isn't the only one that has limited updates so if you dont buy sony and buy another phone it will still have the same problem which is limited updates the only option to keep the phone updated it using custom roms

Adviser
Message 9 of 59
Message 9 of 59

Re: Sony z3 BlueBorne fix ?

I think it will be unanswered Slightly frowning Face

My Z3 security level may 2016! No security updates more than a year.

I ask support via email, but there is no answer.