account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Black screen

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Black screen

My Phone has Constant Black screen and White letter. How do I get it back to notmal? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Black screen

Hi @Mosekonen,

I'm not quite sure I quite understand your question. It would be very helpful if you could share a screenshot of how it looks on your screen. You can take a screenshot if you press and hold the volume down and on/off key simultaneously. It would also be helpful if you could include what Xperia device you have, you can see this if you go to: Settings > (System) About phone > Model number.

If you get back to me with this information I will do my best to assist you! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I was asked to send a screenshot because apparently my explanation - white text on black screen (and negative photos) was not understandable. Neither screenshot nor photo of smartphane was received at the other end so I have given up, unfortunately.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi again @Mosekonen,

There are several thing that can cause this and it is much easier to say if this is caused by a setting, app or if it's hardware related from looking at a screenshot. That is why I asked and also to know what Xperia device you are using.

What I can recommend anyway is that you check so that you don't have Color inversion active, you will find this on most Xperia devices if you go to: Settings > Accessibility > Color inversion > Off.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Black screen - and negative photos

I tried to send you screen shot/photo of my smartphone - maybe you got them maybe you didn´t, but anyway I downloaded an accesessibility scanner and through this I could find the colour inversion setting and I turned  colour inversion off - and wow - it worked. Thank you so much for curing my smartphone! Have a nice weekend!

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Black screen - and negative photos

That is great to hear @Mosekonen! :smileysmileythumbsup:

Hope you have a great weekend as well and let me know if there is anything else you are wondering about! Slightly smiling Face