account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bait & Switch - Sony Xperia XZ Premium Headphones

Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Bait & Switch - Sony Xperia XZ Premium Headphones

Here are the T&Cs which we all agreed to when pre-ordering the new handset:

In the period of action between 02.05. - 31.05.2017 is available for pre-buyers of a Sony Xperia XZ Premium of Sony the headphones MDR-100ABN worth 299 € (RRP) for free. The award winning headphones are available in many colors to choose from. A condition for the receipt of the free bonus is a pre-order of the Xperia XZ Premium in the promotion period and upon receipt of the device a registration with Sony by 31.06.2017 at the latest. Whether the Xperia XZ Premium is ordered with a new contract or a contract extension is irrelevant.

To then be sent an inferior 99€ model from Sony is totally unacceptable.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Learner
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Bait & Switch - Sony Xperia XZ Premium Headphones

This is true. I feel so frustrated right now. I did everything correctly and wait over 50 Days to get this light version of the promised Headset. What is this...

Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I am not frustrated I have the AGBs and the offer is posted all over the internet. If they were unable to measure the pre-order volume at the time then how were they able to deliver our handsets?!
Someone in the company needs to jump on this now as it will fast become a PR disaster for Sony - I made a purchase with the agreement to receive headphones in the value of 299€ if they are unable to offer me those exact headphones I at least expect them to offer me a product of similar value not one worth 30% of the value!

Apprentice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

The pr behaviour of Sony is a complete joke. Sorry I cannot view this anyway other than scam.

The amount of headphones wasn't even enough for 12 days  (I registered on the 12th of june, the phones only started selling on the 1st of june in germany). 

I will definitely go to customer protection if this won't be solved anytime soon. And I also recommend that to anybody else. The more the better. I will also contact newspapers about this disaster. If sony don't wanna fullfill their promises then they can watch how their image will finally die. 

You wonder why you're failing on the mobile market? Well now you know why sony. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Completely Joke. I even cannot withdraw from the contract, the contract with Deutsche Telekom is 2 Months old!! It's like Amazon says: Oh, you bought a 1000€ Notebook, they are out of stock, we'll send you a 300€ Notebook for the same price, and you have no option to withdraw. 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

http://www.areamobile.de/news/45253-sony-vorbesteller-aktion-fuer-das-xperia-xz-premium-wird-zum-deb...
https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.inside-handy.de/news/44754-sony-xperia-xz-premium-angebot-vorbestell...

See this sony? Do something about this problem. Your starting to get memorized as one of the most horrible scam companies of the big ones out there.

Learner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

The problem is, how can we give our Phones back. I mean we bought it months ago. 14 Days are over and i dont know how to do it.

What do you Guys think?

Apprentice
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I don't see how we could give it back because the headphones were not part of the buying contract. However, if you have a lawyer and an insurance you might could take legal action against Markenmehrwert AG. 

But I wouldn't go that far yet. We complained everywhere and even some news on websites are out about that topic. Let's wait and see if they react to this. If they plan to sit it out though I'd say fire all you got. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

In the moment Sony still isn't at fault for this desaster. The company that switched our headphones for the cheap ones is Markenmehrwert. If I will ever buy a Sony product in the future again depends on how Sony will react.

Scenario 1: Sony ignore us and they will lose not only us as customers but will also be labled as a lying and cheating company.

Scenario 2: Sony will send everyone who pre-ordered the promised MDR-100ABN and blame the fault to Markenmehrwert.

Scenario 3:  Sony give order to Markenmehrwert to send everyone who registered before the 26.6. (or when ended the MDR-100ABN action?) the MDR-100ABN

I think it will be scenario 3. 

Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

You are right that it is Markenmehrwert who is to blame partially. But i don't really know how this kind of stuff works. As far as i would guess, sony either gives markenmmehrwert a specifided amount of money they can use or - which sounds more realistic - they give them a specific amount of products they can use. And if sony decided to give them only so few 100ABN then here are both companies to blame. And thats what i think at the moment. But thats speculative so we just can wait right now. We all showed that we absolutely arent okay with that, i think sony has no way but to be at least aware of that issue and i definitely hope they will go for either point 2 or 3 of the scenarios you mentioned. 

But lets wait. We complained, now lets give them a chance to sort the issue out and react.