account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

404 errors on laptop

SOLVED
Demigod
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: 404 errors on laptop

Thank you. I'll try that, too, once the scan has finished. Currently at 89%... :'(

Will this lose all the cookies. If so, I'd better make sure I know all the passwords and login details for various places first :-) I do wish this forum would remember my email address and password for me...

Master
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

i know Dizzy Face

bit refers to how the cpu manages or handles the information....

64 bit is more effective than 32 bit in handling large RAM like 4gb...

if you want to check yours...

right click on my computer , select properties and under the system tab , 64 bit or 32 bit system will be written..

Master
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

hmm , well i dont think , deleteing all those files will remove the passwords..

dont erase the browsing hostory , follow the steps above and i think it will just delete cache and not the saved passwords..

i dont use ie so , dont know what it will do Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Demigod
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Many thanks to you both.  So far so good...!  I don't know how many temporary files I deleted, but it was thousands.  The poor computer was probably struggling under the weight of them all... Dizzy Face

Master
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

well yes you need to delete them Slightly smiling Face juct check and delete every 15 days...

also , you should delete them from your phone also Winking Face

your welcome..

Forum Legend
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

I guess it is due to lack of maintenance ....