account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

sound enhancements glitch

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

sound enhancements glitch

Your sound enhancements glitch when changing tracks. I own an xperia eria M4 aquaWhen I hange tracks with clearaudio the equalizer or dynamic normalizer turned on there is this really loud glitch noise like digital noise. It's not the glitch I mind so much but it's really loud and I use headphones. It also seems to happen in mxplayer when turning off hw+ decoder mode which basically disables all your enhancements. I am sure this is due to your enhancements because I disabled them all and the glitch is gone no more noise when switching playback from hw+ to software mode in mxplayer or changing tracks in the music app

Don't really know any more than that but if someone with an m4 aqua loaded with mxplayer wants to have a play around with the decoder settings please post back if you have this issue.

Help is appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: sound enhancements glitch

Could you boot on safe mode and check if you experience the same issue, which Music app version do you have?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lolipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available

Adviser
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Sorry on mobile meant to sau it still happens on sage mode
Adviser
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Safe mode
Adviser
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Can anybody offer a solution to this or should I return the phone to the shop?
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

repair the phone with PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
Adviser
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Done the factory reset and firmware repair. Still makes that awful noise. I am convinced that this is a hardware problem with what I assume is your Sony DSP chips. Any more ideas on how to fix it?

Sorry for the slow reply to your question but my version after doing factory reset is 9.0.1.A.0.1

Adviser
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

OK it's been days now and no ideas for a reply if there is no solution anybody can offer here I think I should return the phone and Sony just lost a customer. I bought this phone specifically for playing music.
Emperor
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@simon555

Its hard for others to give you suggestions if you have marked the post as answered, also, keep in mind that this is a user based forum, to get suggestions directly from Sony, you have to contact your >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

OK I am sorry but I should mention that  I noticed there was a post marked as a solution this is not what I intended I thought I might have accidently pressed the buttons on the forum however because of my email notifications about the post being accepted as solution I don't even think I was logged on at the time I received that email so I wondered if that might be a bug with the forum however it is probably just me hitting the buttons by mistake on mobile.

Secondly as you can probably guess from this reply the issue is still occurring. The audio glitch is still there and as I mentioned previously very loud when wearing headphones.