account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

browse a picture from my gallery and put it as a default picture for songs

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: browse a picture from my gallery and put it as a default picture for songs

Could you try turning the phone off, remove the SD card, start the phone and see if the issue remains?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Yes sure
Highlighted
Regular
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

It has lost the playlist I've mad again!
Highlighted
Regular
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

It is still doing the same thing getting a picture from my gallery and put it as a default picture for most of the songs!! I actually delete the pictures it's choosing but it comes up with another pictures from my gallery!! I'm a bit upset of that bug!
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

This happens also without the SD card?

Could you also check if this happens in safe mode to check if the issue may be caused by a downloaded app?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Guys the problem happens with the SD card as well.. And I've got now the new version and the problem does still exist plus it's losing all of the playlists I make even the newly added songs is not correct at all, it's getting loads of old songs and put them into recently added songs!!! Please fix this because I'm very disappointed with the service!!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Unfortunately You'll have to edit the files (.mp3 .flac) tags in order to be able to see or not the cover for each song. More specifically the album name. If some songs don't have an album name Walkman will put the name of the folder in which the music is stored instead. I don't mind that but what is really annoying is the fact that  Walkman will put the same album cover for all of the songs that don't have an album name even if some files have an album cover integrated. I hope this thing will be fixed very soon because I've seen many people having this problem and not all of us have the time to edit those file tags.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

I actually transferred all the music from phone memory to SD card, so walkman doesn't show up any songs that I have, that's why it is losing the playlists as I've been transfering the songs to SD card for a while.. So any solutions?!
Talent
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

I had this problem and i also raised the question about it but no sucesses.

I soved this problem by following method:

step 1) Delete all pics in Download folder from your phone memory

2) Download the "MP3 tag" software and remove info of all the songs especially that thumbnail pic ( before doing this, copy all mp3 files from phone to pc and remove each folder from phone )

3) While copying edited mp3 songs from pc to phone recreate each folder and paste the songs in that folder

3) Delete media store cache and walkman cache or clear  data of both the application

4) Reboot the phone

Above steps helped me and now walkman shows default logo for each song in my  Xperia M2 phone

ThnX