account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia T2 Music/Sound file player pause randomly

Rookie
Message 21 of 34
Message 21 of 34

Re: Xperia T2 Music/Sound file player pause randomly

I have the same problem. The problem my Xpeira T2 ultra has is that sound files become silent randomly then restart within a few seconds (regardless of which app I am using to play the music or the location of the files or the format of the files).  Yesterday I have been advised by Sony chat support to reinstall android using Pc Companion, and I did it and the problem is still there.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 22 of 34
Message 22 of 34

I can confirm this issue is present in both internal and external SD Cards.

ALSO, I can confirm that it happens when using the iHeart radio stock app.

I am on the lollipop update for D5316. 

Starting to think there is a firmware audio buffer issue, but have no idea how to test my guess.\

Definitley happens when playing saved and streamed audio. I have never experienced the issue with videos.

I will attempt to logcat, but every time it happens I am pre-occupied :-) 

Rookie
Message 23 of 34
Message 23 of 34

My Xperia T2 still has the same problem, it is only happen for audio, very annoying, Sony please fix this stupid bug.

Apprentice
Message 24 of 34
Message 24 of 34

Reporting similar issues. T2 Ultra D5306 running Android 5.0.2.

I've been assuming it is buffer issues. Lollipop takes up ~3.3 out of 8 GB of internal drive.

One time poster
Message 25 of 34
Message 25 of 34

T2 ultra dual audio goes off after locking the phone

Hi guys! I am having a t2 ultra dual. The problem is that when I lock my phone when audio is being played(any software), the sound just goes off, but the audio in the app doesn't get paused and keeps playing. So whenever I listen to a playlist, I have to keep my phone unlocked and not let it sleep. Please help me solve this.
Forum Legend
Message 26 of 34
Message 26 of 34

Re: T2 ultra dual audio goes off after locking the phone

Do you have anything like Stamina mode enabled or an app or setting applied that will mute audio other than ringtone etc when the screen is locked

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 27 of 34
Message 27 of 34

Walkman app

Since i bought my phone (xperia t2 ultra) there's been a problem with the app, when i listen music suddenly it stops for like 10 - 15 seconds and then keeps going in the same part that was cut, now there's an update and when i try to update, says there's been a problem and could not install, what should i do.
One time poster
Message 28 of 34
Message 28 of 34

Xperia T2 Ultra Dual Lolipop 5.1.1 update/walkman & battery issue

Currently I'm using version 19.4.A.0.182 (5.1.1 Update). First i should say thank u to SONY many bugs rectified.but still i am facing walkman issue ( music stops suddenly 6-10 sec ) and battery backup is less when compare to 5.0.2 update . Please help me and solve the issues as soon as possible in next update.

Message 29 of 34
Message 29 of 34

Re: Xperia T2 Ultra Dual Lolipop 5.1.1 update/walkman & battery issue

Battery will be stable after a couple of days from update, and for Music problem try the following:

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Music -> Force stop, Unistall updates, Clear data, and restart your phone.
- Go to your Play Store and update Music again.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 30 of 34
Message 30 of 34

Re: T2 ultra dual audio goes off after locking the phone

The sound going away problem has been finally fixed in 5.1.1 software upgrade.

They only other workaround that I've known is keep the phone plugged in.

Very annoying. KitKat build does not have this issue, but sound cracks.