account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia M4 Aqua play music problem

Adviser
Message 21 of 42
Message 21 of 42

Re: M4 Aqua | Problem in Listening Music

So many people already complained about this issue but no solution yet. Please give us a possible solution for this. Repairing with PC companion, updating to the latest firmware already tried but the problem still exist. Please give us a solution asap...

Emperor
Message 22 of 42
Message 22 of 42

@TheHuntsman

Move an album to the Internal storage > unmount the SD card > check if you experience the same issue with the album on the internal storage

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 23 of 42
Message 23 of 42

Re: Xperia M4 Aqua play music problem

@uliwooly

Those are already tried by another sufferers, but the problem still exist. I tried this today, moved an album to the internal storage and unmounted the sdcard but the problem still exist, encountered the stuck 3/4 times. but the stuck amount reduced than playing from sdcard.

I think a firmware update is required to completely solve the issue. Hope Sony will fix the issue soon.

Adviser
Message 24 of 42
Message 24 of 42

music player

Each time i click anything while playing music through headset music player takes hiccup
Adviser
Message 25 of 42
Message 25 of 42

Found a way out, a temporary solution till Sony fixes the music stuck issue. Found a app named TTPod, I have been hearing songs for 1.30hrs at a stretch in TTPod but no stucking occurred during the 1.30hrs. One of sufferer suggested VLC, but it VLC loading is so time consuming rather TTPod is simple cool music app.

But eagerly waiting for a respond from a experts and hope Sony will fix the issue soon as possible.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 42
Message 26 of 42

Yes, I have exactly the same problem! I first thought it was a problem with my sd card, because it's 16gb class4 (worked fine without any problem for 2 years, on samsung galaxy y, galaxy s2, lumia 520 and lumia 830, no problems at all). These stuttering/hickups were very frequent, 3-4 per song, on almost every song. Then I bought a new sd card, 32gb class 10 UHS-I, situation becomes much better, but hickups are still there, now about 1 hickup on every 3.-4. song. The only solution that I found is to use VLC player, or to listen music online, tunein, spotify etc.

Please, but please SONY fix this problem, because it's the only problem that I have with m4 aqua (model e2303), everything else is great. 

p.s. I've also tried to switch to AwesomePlayer instead of NuPlayer in settings/developer options, but problem is still here. Again, please fix this. Greetings and best wishes!:smileysmileywink:

Adviser
Message 27 of 42
Message 27 of 42

Yes, previously I used so many phones but not encountered this problem. Even though we all know Sony is a great device specially for their Music and Camera... But we are having this music stuck issue is totally irritating.

Hope Sony will look after this issue and solve it soon.
Regular
Message 28 of 42
Message 28 of 42

Hello again, came another update but without a solution, same problem still there, did you found one? If not, Please Sony, fix this issue is all this phone needs, play music correctly

One time poster
Message 29 of 42
Message 29 of 42

Same here.  Using Google Music to play from local (non streaming) library of MP3s on a fast Samsung microSD card.   Never had this problem on my old $25 Motorola Moto G phone.  Come on Sony, this is pathetic!

One time poster
Message 30 of 42
Message 30 of 42

Same problem, I'm using my SD card and music stop and then plays again on a certain time, it's annoying