account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia M4 Aqua play music problem

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 42
Message 11 of 42

Re: Xperia M4 Aqua play music problem

This is really unfortunate, however I do suggest attempting a software repair using PC Companion or Bridge for Mac. I have supplied the instructions below.

Here's how to run the repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
3. Start.
4. Repair Phone
5. Continue
6. Accept data removal
7. Next
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps

And Bridge for Mac:
1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that you are holding the relevant button down before during and after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 12 of 42
Message 12 of 42

Ok i will try it. Thanks
One time poster
Message 13 of 42
Message 13 of 42

Music player stucking a second and resuming back while playing song

Music player stucking a second and resuming back while playing song.
Could you please guide me how to resolve this issue with out resetting device.
Emperor
Message 14 of 42
Message 14 of 42

Re: Music player stucking a second and resuming back while playing song

@Sathya1

Where do you have the music stored?

do you experience the same while on safe mode ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 15 of 42
Message 15 of 42

Hi, its soadtrading. I have been tried with PC Companion Repair, another SD, and re-storagin the music in the phone's memory but it doesnt work. A Few Days ago i updated to the latest version of the music player  avaible on play store, but it doesnt work too. Trying another apps the only one that works is VLC for android. I really like to know what is happening becouse i would rather to use the app designed by sony than other one.

Learner
Message 16 of 42
Message 16 of 42

hello everybody, I bought this phone one weeek ago and I have the same problem ,  it can not play music correctly. as Soadtrading said After a song of two, the song stops a little and then continue, I have tried with pc companion, I have cleaned the data but it stills happens ... this is really uncomfortable I do not what to do .... I need a solution :/ 

@Soadtrading wrote:
I Just got this Phone and since i Update to the latest software versión it cant play music correctly. After a song of two, the song stops a little and then continúe, this is so uncomfortable becouse you cant listen music without those little stops. I try to uninstall and it doesnt work. Please fix this issue

Regular
Message 17 of 42
Message 17 of 42

Hi, a few days ago came an update from the music player, it doesnt work for me too. Now im using vlc player for android meanwhile sony fix this problem.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 18 of 42
Message 18 of 42

M4 Aqua | Problem in Listening Music

Hello there,
I have been suffering from this problem for so long. While playing a song in Sony's Music or any other music app sometimes the song stuck for a bit like one sec. This is too irritating issue I encountered, it's a kind of disturbing when we listen songs. Hope firmware update will solve the problem.

Another thing is, I think Sony should produce their own processor. buying Toshiba and more emphasising on camera won't be too worth. Sony should look after the heating issues. I think Sony stop using Snapdragon and MediaTek processors, produce their own processor as per the hardware needs with ensuring less heat and better performance. Otherwise the market value of Sony will go down day by day. 

Emperor
Message 19 of 42
Message 19 of 42

Re: M4 Aqua | Problem in Listening Music

@TheHuntsman

Where are the music files stored? (SD card or internal storage) 

do you experience the same issue while on safe mode ?

Sony producing their own CPUs doesn't seem feasible 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 20 of 42
Message 20 of 42

Re: M4 Aqua | Problem in Listening Music

Music files stored in Sdcard. It's a huge number of tracks I stored in Sdcard. Reducing the number of tracks will be worth it? Haven't tried in safe mode yet.

About the processor, Samsung is now producing Exynos their own processor bcz of the heating issues. I think Sony also consider producing their own processor.