account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

What ID3 tags should I be using so as to ensure artwork is displayed properly on lists?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

What ID3 tags should I be using so as to ensure artwork is displayed properly on lists?

Is it possible to set artwork for artists?

Albums artwork is fine, but I don't know if it is possible to configure the higher level. Also, are there any restrictions (image format, size etc.)

I can see that it is possible through the app itself, one artist at a time (although Download Image never yields any results), but is there any other way?

I'm quite able to modify the ID3 tags of music files on a pc (and that's how I sort album art), but as far as I know there is no tag which corresponds to Artist Image.

1 REPLY 1
Learner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Artist artwork

I have now found what I think is the relevant ID3 tag. So, on my pc, I can save a couple of images in an mp3 file.

For any given song, I can set the "Front Cover" image tag. This image then appears when I copy the file to the phone, run the Music application, and pull up a list of albums.

However, for each song, I can also set image tags "Artist" and "Lead Artist". But when I copy the files across and look at a list of artists, I don't see the images.

My experiments so far have just been with a few files, as my entire music collection is almost 15,000 items. Could this be a reason that I don't see any artists?