account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman will not update

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Walkman will not update

I am getting info that the update is available, it gets downloaded but then I get info "could not install".

Any help with that, please?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Walkman will not update

Try going to Settings -> Apps -> Walkman -> Force stop, try again to update.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Settings, apps,all, Walkman, uninstall updates, restart the phone, check again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

No success.

Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

// I am reposting here from what I posted on a similar thread.

Take a look at your Walkman setting. If it shows 8.5.A.3.3, then it's the latest update. But the bug is with the What's New app. It will still tell you to update Walkman even though you don't need to update. And if you try to update from Xperia's in-built What's New app, it will give the message 'Can't install..."

How to solve this:

1) Go to settings > apps > all > walkman
2) Clear cache, clear data. Uninstall any previous update and bring Walkman to factory setting state
3) Don't go to Playstore. Instead, open What's New app (since that's what was creating the problem).
4) In What's New app, open updates. You will see the notification for an update for Walkman.
5) Update it. Must be some 14 MB. After update is completed, you will see that the app version is 8.5.A.3.2 which is still one version behind the latest.

Final step

6) Open Playstore now, and then go to My Apps. You will see Walkman needs an update. Update it. It will bring Walkman to 8.5.A.3.3 (latest)

After this, you won't get the bug in What's New app that keeps telling you to update the app even when it is the latest version. That pesky message in Walkman settings that says 'new update available' will also disappear.

[This worked for Z3C. The bug is because of interruption in network data while the app was being updated earlier. Walkman and What's New got different info of the update and remained confused. Don't download 8.5.A.3.3 apk and install directly. It will install of course but the message about still updating the app in What's New won't go away.]
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Still no success.

I have Version 8.5.A.3.3 but it tells me to update to new version.

Shall I reset it before going to Play store?

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

8.5.A.3.3 is the latest version. Your What's New app can be buggy. Go to Seetings -> Apps -> All -> What's New -> Force stop, clear cache, restart phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I just updated it to a new version update center 

Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Start it all over again. Clear data and cache. Uninstall Walkman to factory state. Disable it. Restart phone.

Enable Walkman again and go to What's New and update to 3.2

After the update go to Playstore and so do another update. It will bring the app to 3.3 and the buggy message will disappear.

Important: you must uninstall/disable Walkman and re-enable it before starting the above steps. Only cleaning cache and wiping data and NOT disabling Walkman will not work.