account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman vs Play Music

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 21 of 72
Message 21 of 72

Re: Google Play Music instead of Walkman

Settings > apps > all > walkman > disable 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 22 of 72
Message 22 of 72

No more Walkman, Walkman is dead - today!

As of today, 15th of April 2015 I must give you the sad information that the legendary Walkman brand and the iconic "W" died.

Sony started it's beta program for the upcoming music app.

There are these two reasons:

The walkman brand is moved to the Walkman division and they have the trademark rights.

Many people out there just don't know what a Walkman is and that Walkman is a music app ...

R I P

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 23 of 72
Message 23 of 72

Re: No more Walkman, Walkman is dead - today!

I can't find that info 

https://plus.google.com/communities/102950480733956864546

post the source link 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 24 of 72
Message 24 of 72

Re: No more Walkman, Walkman is dead - today!

A Walkman was a name given to a cassett player that was portable and was given the name by Sony - So the name is outdated and was something I had before half the members on here if not more were even born or thought of

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 25 of 72
Message 25 of 72

From "Walkman" to "Music"? Really?

I don't even know what to say to express my disappointment with this update. I'm not even lying nor am I exaggerating, but Walkman was without a doubt one of the top 3 reasons that made me come back to using a Sony phone.

Did Sony loose the trademark or something? Why would they do this? What exactly was the point? Pretty sure it's something not that big. This app and it's name had a strong signature on this phone, good job for taking that away.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 26 of 72
Message 26 of 72

Re: From "Walkman" to "Music"? Really?

Hey, u know the Walkman is not real when it comes to ur phone, it doesn't perform like Walkman and just a empty name
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 27 of 72
Message 27 of 72

I get it, but as a person who loved Walkman as a kid, the name and logo is iconic. Having it in my phone was just a symbol of quality, even though it didn't necessarily have as real Walkman like you said. But then again, what's point of them changing it?

I know I'm complaining for no reason, but it meant a lot for me. I hope Sony understands where I'm coming from.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 28 of 72
Message 28 of 72

I am never gonna "upgrade" to music from walkma, and that's that
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 29 of 72
Message 29 of 72

why walkman to music

Sony phones are differentiated from all other manufacturers in the sense that they have the software different.. Like walkman, album, but they are making all things common.. Why you changed the walkman name to music ....is feels cheap now...no premium feel now.....you should have changed all the things in walkman... But not its name which reflects sony
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 30 of 72
Message 30 of 72

Re: why walkman to music

You could suggest that to Sony directly

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/WALKMAN/Walkman-Beta-Test/m-p/953659#U953659