account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman vs Play Music

Learner
Message 11 of 72
Message 11 of 72

Re: Walkman vs Play Music

What the heck is Sony thinking theses days i mean i love Sony but dam really music instead of Walkman 

Adept
Message 12 of 72
Message 12 of 72

Come on, its only a name. ^^ The functions will be the same.

Regular
Message 13 of 72
Message 13 of 72

Yup, even the name is dumb, why replace Walkman and Movies with Music and Videos, to be like all the million other devices? Originality made buy buy an Xperia, if that's gone, what stops me from buying a windows phone device for example, or nexus?

Regular
Message 14 of 72
Message 14 of 72

No worries, they are still named the same Grinning Face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQAN1MjVneU

Here's a quick first look at the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. For more on the check out http://www.gsmarena.com.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 15 of 72
Message 15 of 72

So it seems that afterall they will change the name to "Music". How lame, who is the person taking this stupid decision. I preffered Sony for the fact that they were music oriented. Instead of implementing useful stuff, like better sound enhancements, a sleep timer perhaps, more supported formats and optimized performance, they are changing the name, Goodbye Walkman, welcome AIMP. It seems Sony has started investing in stupid ideeas and people. CONGRATULATIONS on disrespecting the walkman history also. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkman

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 72
Message 16 of 72

Adept
Message 17 of 72
Message 17 of 72

That means u have same apk name. U can use on any mobile "Music" and on Xperia devices "Walkman". I don't know if thats a fake for the moment until it will be renamed to walkman. Lets discuss that with sony guys.

TCo
Adept
Message 18 of 72
Message 18 of 72

Well, now it happened, Walkman app is finally ruined. I don't mind the name, who cares what the app is called. What i mean is the discontinuation of Music Unlimited service and replacing it with... NOTHING! What's the benefit of linking your SEN and Spotify accounts? Well, you get nice Spotify logo on the Walkman app's side menu, but there's nothing you can do with it but launch Spotify app. DIFFERENT APP?!?!? With Music unlimited, you could use same app and same UI for your own library and streaming services, SEAMLESSLY. What were you thinking?

Goodbye Walkman and Welcome Google Play Music. Yet another reason less to buy Sony phone.

Emperor
Message 19 of 72
Message 19 of 72

@TCo Check this out

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/WALKMAN/Walkman-Beta-Test/m-p/953659#U953659

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 20 of 72
Message 20 of 72

Google Play Music instead of Walkman

Hi,

1. Is it possible to control the Walkman App like - Search and Play music like Google Now can do with Google Play Music?

2. If not can I change to using the Google Play Music as my default music app

Currently if I install Google Play Music, I see all kinds of issues with playing music with Google Play music. I use the Tasker App to automate a lot of stuff on my phone. For example both the Google Play and Walkman app will not play any music sometimes or both will get triggered to play music.

Is there a clean way of defaulting the Music app from Walkman to Google play music? I love the Walkman App but I haven't seen it integrate well with Voice commands.

Thanks