account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman vs Play Music

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 72
Message 1 of 72

Walkman vs Play Music

I've seen in the UI of the M4 that the music app is no longer called Walkman. I really hope you won't be replacing the walkman app, as it is a truly fine app and a signature for sony devices.

71 REPLIES 71
Emperor
Message 2 of 72
Message 2 of 72

Re: Walkman vs Play Music

That's a good question 

http://www.static.xperiablog.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Xperia-M4-Aqua_5-640x434.jpg

@Rickard could comment on this

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 72
Message 3 of 72

I don't have any M4 yet but according to the specification it will have Walkman.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 4 of 72
Message 4 of 72

@Rickard Check the press release pictures if you can, and there's a "Music" icon

Xperia-M4-Aqua_5-640x434.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 72
Message 5 of 72

I checked the information and it says that the icons and home screen in the press release are for illustration purposes only. Our Movies app is also called "Video" on the pictures.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 6 of 72
Message 6 of 72

Thanks Slightly smiling Face 

Regular
Message 7 of 72
Message 7 of 72

WALKMAN no more

From the MWC 2015 in Barçelona we've seen many preview of Lollipop on new devices.
And, yes, the "Walkman" app is replaced with "Music". 

So... farewell Walkman? Will the new Music app just be the same with new name and PlayStation Music support instead of the Music Unlimited one? Slightly smiling Face 

Message 8 of 72
Message 8 of 72

Re: WALKMAN no more

Before making new posts,please use search function and read the forums.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 9 of 72
Message 9 of 72

Re: WALKMAN no more

It didn't seem the same topic to me, sorry. So thanks for moving the post Slightly smiling Face

Regular
Message 10 of 72
Message 10 of 72

Well, ruining the walkman app would be a show stopper to upgrade to 5.0.x, for me at least. I'd rather prefer kit kat with the original walkman app.