account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman app display incorrect album cover

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: Walkman app display incorrect album cover

Hi,

There is a simple solution to that.

Go to settings - apps, select the all apps tab and search for the walkman app from the list, then select it.

In the apps window select:

- Force stop

- Clear data

- clear memory cache

Go back to the walkman app, everything should be fine now :-)

One time poster
Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

Thank you for your help, it fixed now
One time poster
Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

Guys! I think the root cause of this problem is the incomplete info of our songs. I noticed it while checking and testing some solutions that I thought might work. I found out that the songs without specified information in the "album" section is copying the album/cover art of a song which also does not contain any information on the album section. Below are some of the screenshots to explain it properly.

Unspecified Album.jpg

• Best Day of My Life by American Authors is copying the album art of Don't Fade Away by Acosta Russell because both doesn't have any specified album name. Having no album name specified makes the Walkman app to treat these songs to be under the same album which is the <no album name> album. Slightly smiling Face

This applies to songs that doesn't have any information/album art and even those with specified information/album art as long as no specific album name is specified. This problem is kinda annoying because I manually encoded all the information for each songs that I have. It's just that some information is hard to find particularly the album name so I just leave it blank which is causing this problem.

So, I guess for me the solution is to fill in the specific album name for each songs to prevent the app from replicating the album art. In this way the songs will show the specific album art that is embedded on it. Also, one thing that I noticed is even you do this solution songs that have the same specified album name will copy the album art of the song based on its filename (alphabetically). Think it's much better as long as they are really on the same album.

Hope this problem will be fixed on the next updates as it is annoying that album name information is sometimes hard to find on the internet.

One time poster
Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

Hello from Peru,

I have another variation of Walkman app problem:

I have a Xperia E4 and so often The info of all my songs (artist, album, Cover) downloaded with Walkman, suddenly get erased, and songs get the default info. Also at the same time, the song I have chosen as ringtone is replaced with the default ringtone. It,s happening every 2 or 3 days

I have readed previous comments, and I think the app cache is getting erased, but don´t know why and how to avoid it.

I hope somebody could help me

Talent
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

The only solution for now is to edit your music collection on the PC and if you have an empty album field field it with anything if you don't know the album (numbers etc). For music that is belonging to the same album  unfortunately you have to modify the album field (ad sequential numbers to the end of the album name) in order for it to be different for all the songs in that album so that the Music app (Walkman) reads  the album art for each song individually.

The current behaviour is:

If you have songs that have the same album metadata info then the Music app takes the album art from the first song in that album and displays it to all songs belonging to that album.

If you have empty album metadata info then the Music app assumes that the album name for  those song is the name of the folder in which the song are saved and displays the album art from the first song in that folder that has empty album field..

I don't now why many music apps have this behaviour not reading the individual song metadata instead grouping the metadata info like album art by the album field. So why is the QA deparment not doing their job and keep testing the app based on an unreal concepts that the majority don't need.

1. Songs have metadata.

2. Many songs = different metadata info

3. Expectation: Read metadata for each song and and display it for each song separately.

4. Music app actual: "I didn' find any Album info in the field,ohhhh,  then lets display the album artmetadata to all files even if album art is present to each individual file"  lol Thinking Face Dizzy Face

Spoiler

One time poster
Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

Remove the album art thumbnail caches,
For Android Music Player
1. Force Close music player
2. Go to /sdcard/Android/data/
com.android.providers.media/
3. Delete albumthumbs folder or any other
folders
For WALKMAN Music Player
1. Force Close WALKMAN player
2. Go to /sdcard/Android/data/
com.sonyericsson.music/files/
3. Delete cache folder
4. Go to /sdcard/Android/data/
com.sony.walkman.mediaplayers.wm/files/ (if
exist)
5. Delete extprops folder
Talent
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

But the behavior stays the same. If no album info present the songs are grouped together and the same album art is displayed for all songs . If the same album info is present for some of the songs the same album art is then displayed for all of those songs that have the same album info using the album art of the first song in the group.

I get rid of this anomaly by editing my song collection with mp3tag on my PC and if i had empty album field I filled it with numbers for each song (1, 2, 3...etc) and if i had a group of songs that had the same album i added different number for each song in the album field at the end of the album name so all albums are different. The idea is that your music collection should have songs with different album info for each file and not empty field. I know this is a workaround but for now is the only way. For me I don't care about album field stored in mp3 file so by editing it so that all are different is not a problem.

In this way all the songs are displayed with theirs own album art and no duplicates album arts across multiple different songs.. 

I hope this behaviour is changed and a sorting by file crated or modified date is added then Music (Walkman) then the app  is perfect for me..

Visitor
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

Thank you so much Kaizoku-o , I finally handle it with your help. :smileysmileythumbsup:

Currently I'm on Android 5.0.1 and that problem was still happening.

One time poster
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

Greetings from Israel to everyone Slightly smiling Face

I am very glad to say that i have found a solution to the problem,

and I can say it works perfectly!!

What you need to do is this:

1.download an mp3 tag edit app to youre pc,

(I have mp3TAG) most of these apps are free.

2.Open the app,then drag n' drop the mp3's you want

to edit inside the app.

3.Edit all tags and album art as you wish and save the.

4.This is the most critical phase,now you need to copy the artist name

and paste it to the album artist and press save.

5.Make sure that all mp3's have identical "artist" and "album artist".

6.Copy the mp3's to youre sony phone/tablet,open Sony "Music" app,

and Enjoy!!!!

I really hope this helps because I have put hard work trying to find a solution to this problem,

and I tried everything in this thread and it didnt work...

My solution works 100%!!!Money back guarantee Face with stuck-out Tongue