account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman app display incorrect album cover

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Walkman app display incorrect album cover

I made an account just to post this.

Okay, my device is Xperia Z1 C6903 and I use the Walkman app to play music, and honestly, I love the app, it's a great app and all, I love the interface and surround feature. I do not have thought of using any other music player such as Poweramp.

But I don't understand why the all the files in an album has to display the same album art, I don't know about if my app or system is defective, all I know is Walkman works likes this:

All files with the same Album name tag, with album art or not, will display the same album art as the first track of the album.

Therefore if the files in an album contains different variety of album art, it will all be replaced by the album art tagged in the first track.

I have thoughts if I am the only one who has this problem cause not only Walkman app does this sort of thing, even Play Music (Google's music app) does the same, is something wrong with my system? So far I know Poweramp (Trial) display album art correctly and does not have any sort of this kind of problem.

And no, my phone is not rooted.

That is bascially my problem is anyone know the solution, or comments, you're more than welcomed to share. Honestly, I love this app and I cannot be persuade to use another app to play music.

P.S.

If you ask me if there's any improvement/new feature that can be done to this app, and the only thing that I'd wish this app can have is crossfade effect and please, remove the big title block with "Enjoy Your Music Anytime and Everywhere" on it, it takes up lot of space and I hate to have to scroll down in order to access other shortcuts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 29
Message 14 of 29

Re: Walkman app display incorrect album cover

Hello, it has been awhile but I wish to address my theory of this problem, it might be incorrect in few places, and whether not it will be investigated by Xperia developers, I don't really mind if not, just want to throw it out there for everyone to see.

WALKMAN co exist with an app called Download music info, this app interferes with how info such as Title, Artist, Album cover and all that, are displayed through WALKMAN, you can find more information in, Main menu > "3 verticle boxes" > Download music info > "3 verticle boxes" > Legal. What this app does is when your music files are imported onto the phone, it scans the file for all the tags and all that, and makes a copy of it which are stored as cache (I might be incorrect), and that copy will be what is displaying through WALKMAN and to be viewed by you, and one of the problem is this app doesn't seem to like Album covers so it decides to only copy the Album cover of the first track of an album and applies it as the cover for rest of the song in the album, so in a nutshell, WALKMAN does not display the actual tags that is with the file, that's why after you "Edit music info", other apps such as Poweramp will still read the files as if you didn't edit the files at all, because your edit only applies to Download music info app, thus WALKMAN, thus Play Music (Google's music player), and disabling Download music info in settings will not work, cause it will be reenabled again everytime you launch WALKMAN.

That is bascially the issue, you can tell Download music info app is bit of a nuisance, but make no mistake, it serves it's purpose which it is what it's name suggest, it download music info, while in the process make a bit of mess.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Emperor
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Double check the album info, also you can transfer the music with media go, or you can even edit the album art if you download an app from the playstore 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

@uliwooly wrote:

Double check the album info, also you can transfer the music with media go, or you can even edit the album art if you download an app from the playstore 

I'm telling you, the files have the correct album art when displayed on PC, but the Walkman app only display the album art that is of the first track of the album for all rest of the track, am I the only one who is having this problem on Xperia Z1?

Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

One post at a time,do not spam the forum like this.You have the edit option.

Try settings-apps-all-walkman and clear data,restart the phone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

@alexdon wrote:

One post at a time,do not spam the forum like this.You have the edit option.

Try settings-apps-all-walkman and clear data,restart the phone.

I apologize, I'm new to this forum and I suggest the fact that delete opition is no where to be found, and I forgot to click quote, I just tried clear data on Walkman and I'm afraid it does not solve the problem, I have factory reset my phone before and either that work, but can you please read my post again? I stated how Walkman works with album art and if you own the device can you tell me how album art is displayed in Walkman?

Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

I do not own Z1,I just gave you a suggestion which I thought would help.How about if you tap the third button while you are over a song,select edit music info and select what art do you want?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

@alexdon wrote:

I do not own Z1,I just gave you a suggestion which I thought would help.How about if you tap the third button while you are over a song,select edit music info and select what art do you want?

Okay, here's what I did, I tested out an album with two songs in it, both tagged with different cover when displayed on PC, now I transfered it to Z1 by just dragging it to SD card folder, didn't use Media Go or anything, when displayed on Walkman, the second song displays album cover that is of the first song, I proceed to "Edit music info", I clicked on the album art, I discovered that is over written by something, so I clicked on "Clear album art", choose "Save", and turned out the song got quickly over written again, I think it has something to do with the "Download music info" app thing, by Gracenote, unless this is under observation of a developer, I don't think this can be solved, right now I'd try using Media Go, see if that works.

Emperor
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

keep us updated 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

Yes,they might be turned into read only.

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

@uliwooly wrote:

keep us updated 

I tried Media Go and unfortunately, I still get the same result, Media Go displays album cover of a file on the device, and it displays the correct album cover for both files I tested, but when displayed on Z1, Walkman will still use that method I mentioned, replacing all album covers with the album cover of the first track, the "Download music info" is still over writing, I even tried modifying files properties, I changed it to Read only before I transfered it on to SD card as I think @alexdon suggested, it just doesn't work, I cleared album cover and all that in Edit music info, but that app is just keep on interfering, I think this cannot be solved. But thanks a lot for your time.