account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman app, DLNA problems

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Walkman app, DLNA problems

When will Walkman support FLAC dlna-streaming ?

Works just fine with the BubbleUpnp-app.

Furthermore, when Walkman exits after using my media renderer, i have to pull the power plug from the renderer (Panasonic bdp-221) before i can use it again.

3 REPLIES 3
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Walkman app, DLNA problems

Hi, since it's more or less related to DLNA issues I'm reposting this here Slightly smiling Face

I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V475 but I can't throw to it from the Walkman app.

The receiver is visible as speakers, phone/Walkman connects but refuses to play (also partially hangs when trying to change tracks while connected to the receiver). Other apps (Bubble UPNP, AV Controller, n7) work fine on the phone.

Using Z1 Compact, Android 4.4.2 on 757 fw, Walkman 8.3.A.0.5

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Similar problem here. Im using a Libratone Live, I can use Walkman app for a while, then it shows "Loading..." message and nothing happens. Usualy I have to reboot the phone.

Other strange thing: volume adjust isnt working through the phone by default in Walkman app. The slide is moving but nothing happens. After installation of other DLNA certified app, volume adjust begin to work in Walkman App as well :S

Every other app I tried was working without any problem, but of course they were trials.

Its strange from Sony, they products's best function is the music playing, but Throw isnt working properly (tried with Xperia SP, Z Ultra, T2 Ultra, they have absolutely the same symptoms).

I hope they will fix this bug (they didnt in the past 1 year), its a bit annoying.

Regular
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Same problem here, trying to trow to kodi via music app doesn't work, with "All Connect" works perfectly.
But I prefer the music app as it's have a better library organization.