account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman Volume drops to zero when i connect a headset

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Walkman Volume drops to zero when i connect a headset

My walkman Volume drops to zero when i connect a headset. I can adjust the volume settings for media but it snaps right back to zero. When i disconnect the headphone the volume settings work again so i can listen to media like mp3. But i would like to use my headset. Any tips? 

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Walkman Volume drops to zero when i connect a headset

Hello, Christien

Try these tips to see if they will help...

Have you tried to update the Walkman app?

If not go to Unlock the Device > go to the applications pull box > swipe from the left until you see some options like 

Search apps

Uninstall

Own Order

Alphabetical

Most Used

Installed

Play Store

Sony Select

Tap on Search Apps, and type "Update Centre" (or Update Center if you're in America), then tap on Update Centre. Now tap on Updates and wait for it to load, if you see an update for the Walkman app, tap the download arrow (right next to the app name and update name) once it is done downloading and installing, try plugging in your headset again. 

Have you turned up the volume on the rocker switch (if any)

If you have a rocker switch, try pressing the volume up button on the devce until you hear fit.

Hope this helps!

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Walkman Volume drops to zero when i connect a headset

Hi

I believe this has something to do with "Smart Connect" app.

If you don't wanna check on a lot of settings, then clear the data of smart connect app ( settings > smart connect > clear data) and your phone should be working as supposed to, otherwise check on the settings and it's easy.

Run the smart connect app > select "Music on the go" or "Music at home" ( Or any other profile to check) >Select the edit option at the bottom then check the settings if you have set the volumes to minimum when you choose to connect your headsets.

If you find it confusing, just clear the data of app and see if it works for you.