account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman Shows Same Album Art for all songs !!!

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Walkman Shows Same Album Art for all songs !!!

I have Sony Xperia M2 Dual with android update 4.4.4 build 18.3.1.B.0.18 and my Walkman version is 8.5.A.0.6.

My issue is,  Walkman showing same album for all songs. I have cleared album art from:

Internal Storage > Android > data > com.sonyericson.music > files > cache > Content cache and thumbnail-generic.

using file commander. I also cleared cache data of Media Storage from Apps.

Still problem persist Slightly frowning Face

Pls tell me how to resolve this issue or How to turn off showing album art.

ThnX

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Walkman Same Album Art for all songs !!!

Try an app called Cover art downloader

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Thnx but i dont wanna use 3rd party app for this.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Then you need to transfer your music to a Pc and use a program like mp3tag which will amend the hard coded info like artist and album art etc

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Talent
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Yes, right now i am doing this but if i download a new song, that songs album art sticks to all songs Slightly frowning Face

Actually its a Walkman bug Slightly frowning Face or why sony do not put disable album art option in walkman.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

click on a track. If it's got the album cover as a small image at the bottom-left, click on that image. When you have the large image displayed, click on the three dots at the top-right, choose "edit music info", click in the small image there and choose "clear album art".  You can edit the album info in the same process as it sounds like all your tracks are labelled as the same album - that can happen if they're all in the same folder.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Yes, i did it and album art got cleared and the song started showing its original album art, but when i go back to walkman home screen old album art gets back for that track also Slightly frowning Face(

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Re: Walkman Shows Same Album Art for all songs !!!

Dear Sony,

I have the same issue. Let you understand. If I have the same name on an Album, but there are songs with different covers, but they have only one name of Album, the WALKMAN app reads them as an single cover (displaying only one). The other covers that are (setting from mp3tag from PC, just like me) are erased from viewing in the WALKMAN app. Fix this! Let every song to have what cover we want to set, even if there are in the same album.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

In my case its showing same album art cover for all the songs Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Hi,
So uhm I kind of solved this issue; First I took a screenshot of my default album art and then I just cropped the picture into a square format and then I applied it. It works fine right now!