account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman. Genre based music option?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Walkman. Genre based music option?

Hello everyone! Just bought the Z3 Compact and i'm rarring to check out the music.On my other phones i used stock android app or 3rd party music app, and when choosing music, it gave me the option of artist,songs, folder and genre. I can't find it or how to choose genre when choosing my music. Is it there???  Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Re: Walkman. Genre based music option?

instead of useful Genre option Sony added the useless SenseMe feature that I really cannot understand !

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Sort music fles by genres.

Dear Sony,

I have Z1 Compact, 4.4.4, build. 157, Walkman version 8,5.A.0.6, I want to make you a suggestion to improve your app.
Could you please add a new function in the left menu to sort the music files by genre? Becuase I like to edit every music file (put a cover, change the name to look better, add the details I need via PC and mp3tag), but with your app I am unable to add a genre when I edit a song and also there isn't a function to sort by genre.
I had Nokia N9 (with a Meego software that is old and dead) and I was able to sort things by genre, by now on a Sony device, and running Android, I am unable to do this. I know that I can search on Google Play to download an app that can do this, but I really don't want, I want to use your WALKMAN app. I know also that I have a stupid function that is called "Sens Me" but it really don't help. I know that I could make my playlist, but I have 400 songs and I can't sort every one of them by genres. Please, bring us this important function. Talk to your developers! Thank you!
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Genre Sort

Hi.. I speak spanish, so sorry my english.

Congratulations, the Walkman app is excelent.. But isn't the best, because dont have a Genre sort, a feature very important into a music player.

I think more People feel the same...
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Genre Sort

Genre support! i really couldn't believe the walkman didn't have this feature- It keeps the walkman app just shy of being the excellent media player it was meant to be
Rookie
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I too would greatly appreciate having this option added to the app. Sadly seeing that the original post is from so long ago, I have little to no hope that it will come to fruition. Regardless I am posting here in support of it.
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Genre sort feature still missing!