account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman BUG

Sony Xperia Support
Message 41 of 93
Message 41 of 93

Re: Walkman BUG

Is the issue back again in your phone? This should not happen with Walkman 8.3.A.0.5 and later. Task killers and phone running low on RAM may still kill Walkman though.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 42 of 93
Message 42 of 93

yes its back

i even cant complete the song getting walkmen stop in just few mins like 2 to 3

please do some this please 

Visitor
Message 43 of 93
Message 43 of 93

@Rickard

Hello Sir,

This definitely is a problem in the kernel of our device. The ram usage becomes too high, so high that vital stuff like the keyboard gets killed by the low memory killer of the Android system. Only a reboot fixes the issue. Apparently it was a bug even on other Xperia devices running 4.3 Jelly Bean. Please do check out this post by DoomLoRD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52959952&postcount=126

Regards,

abcdjdj

Commissioner
Message 44 of 93
Message 44 of 93

any UPLDATE!!!

Rookie
Message 45 of 93
Message 45 of 93

I'm not using any task killer. While playing songs in Walkman suddenly no sounds are coming.. Clicking on.next button sound is coming. Changed memory card too. Walkman stopped.. Fix this.disappointed totally.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 46 of 93
Message 46 of 93

Hey recard im using. 8.3.A.0.7 of walkman
I afraid to say, im having problem with it, sometimes walkman dont produce any sound, its running but with no sound, nd i have to restart it again...
Any help?
Rookie
Message 47 of 93
Message 47 of 93

I don't know everyone is facing the issue. Why are not they care about this?

Apprentice
Message 48 of 93
Message 48 of 93

Slightly frowning Face Same issue im also facing...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 49 of 93
Message 49 of 93

Can you please test if the same thing happens in safe mode? I'm unable to replicate any issue here.

@abcdjdj 

That post refers to a RAM leakage caused by rooting the phone and modifying the phones software. Modifying the phones software using 3:rd party tools may of course cause problems with the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 50 of 93
Message 50 of 93

@Rickard 

In order to replicate the ram issue, please try multi-tasking like listening to music and simultaneously doing something like using the fb app. After 8-10 hrs, the free ram simply drops to 50-60mb and all apps get killed. Xperia SP had a similar problem in their 4.3 firmware. I'll try and see if the problem persists in safe mode.

And as far I know, memory leaks occur because of not reclaiming memory after allocating it. For example allocating some amount of memory using malloc() and not using the free() function to reclaim it. So ideally, it should be a problem in the sources of your firmware. Thanks for replying.