account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman BUG

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 93
Message 1 of 93

Walkman BUG

Dear Sony

its a humble request please pleae please fix walkman bug in next update

BUG: it suddenly stops playing musice

dont know how and wny

i am ready to give you anything but please fix this 

92 REPLIES 92
Message 2 of 93
Message 2 of 93

Re: Walkman BUG

Yes ... Sony needs to fix this... walkman application stops playing sound after sometime.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 93
Message 3 of 93

Walkman BUG

Rickard

can we have your attention please sir

we need you to hear us please sir 

Message 4 of 93
Message 4 of 93

After the weekend he will answer.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 93
Message 5 of 93

This is usually caused by a 3:rd party task killer or the phone running low on RAM. If you have any 3:rd party task killer, try removing it or make sure it's not set to kill apps and processes automatically.

If you don't have any task killer installed the phone is probably running low on RAM. When an app requests more RAM then what's currently available Android will close other apps and processes to free up as much RAM as needed. To avoid this, close apps that you're not using manually by tapping the icon at the lower right and swipe them to the side. Don't use a live wallpaper and too many widgets. The browser often uses alot of RAM. Don't have many tabs open at once.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 93
Message 6 of 93

dear sir

here i would like to say one thing and this is very important

i think there is issue in walkman permision 

normally if you clear walkmen from recent penal then it will not stop playing musice in other phones

T2 ultra is the first phone where i have seen this that by swiping walmen from recent penal it get closed

i have other xperia phones as well and have tested this and even though we clear walkmen from recent penal musice don't stops 

so i think there is some issue in walkmen permision 

Note: after new update in walkmen app the issue not resolved it is still there 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 93
Message 7 of 93

Swiping Walkman from recent apps will kill the app and stop the music. It works the same way in for example ZL on 4.3, Z1 and Z2 on 4.4.

Does Walkman stop in your phone if you start playback and then don't use it for other things?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 93
Message 8 of 93

Yes sir

I regularly use Walkman while I am on my way to classes and coming back to home

I every day feel this pain

What happens is for few minutes it works very well but after playing like 5 to 6 minutes it firstly lags like playing scrappy DVD and then stops playing music.

One it’s stopped, after tapping headphone answer key it continue to play again.

One time poster
Message 9 of 93
Message 9 of 93

Hi Guys,

I am using experia T2 ultra and getting the same error.

sometimes Walkman works for 5-6 mins and suddenly stops. And when i play next song it works as usual.

I have updated walkman with latest version 8.3.A.0.5

Lets c ... waiting for this update results.

I dont know how sony will do such a mistake on walkman.

Dont they test the device and then launch in the market? Slightly frowning Face

Thanks

Hemant

Commissioner
Message 10 of 93
Message 10 of 93

walkman update 8.3.a.0.5

out 

wollaa