account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman 8.5.A.2.7 update

Visitor
Message 151 of 252
Message 151 of 252

Re: Walkman 8.5.A.2.7 update

Blinking light effects were awsummmmmmm but in this update they won't work
One time poster
Message 152 of 252
Message 152 of 252

I miss the beauty background in playback screen.
Enthusiast
Message 153 of 252
Message 153 of 252

I don't mind the change to the interface, but the bug causing Walkman to fail finding songs is major. The update should be pulled and not re-released until this bug is fixed.

DO NOT release alpha-grade software to the public if you want to survive, Sony. There's a reason the company is going belly up, and it's the shocking lack of quality, an area where Sony was once the leader that other companies followed. Now it's Sony that's trying to keep up, and doing a terrible job.
Inhabitant
Message 154 of 252
Message 154 of 252

@Zacabeb wrote:
I don't mind the change to the interface, but the bug causing Walkman to fail finding songs is major. The update should be pulled and not re-released until this bug is fixed.

DO NOT release alpha-grade software to the public if you want to survive, Sony. There's a reason the company is going belly up, and it's the shocking lack of quality, an area where Sony was once the leader that other companies followed. Now it's Sony that's trying to keep up, and doing a terrible job.

I recently noticed that bug as well. Track ID team has a beta test program for their Lollipop version of Track ID on Google+ they are always taking our feedbacks and they release updated versions every week or so. Why cant the Walkman development team do the same thing and make a public beta app released to xperia owners and take feedback from us on Google+ group?

One time poster
Message 155 of 252
Message 155 of 252

New Walkman app update

I don't like the new design very much. All the purple elements on the top part of the submenus (playlists, track titles, etc.) are not nearly as elegant and subtle as they were maybe meant to be. The old version of the app looked better. I hope we get a restyled version soon.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 156 of 252
Message 156 of 252

Re: New Walkman app update

@vctrdnl wrote:
I don't like the new design very much. All the purple elements on the top part of the submenus (playlists, track titles, etc.) are not nearly as elegant and subtle as they were maybe meant to be. The old version of the app looked better. I hope we get a restyled version soon.

I think this is just a temporary solution or design for lollipop release until Sony pulls the plug off Music Unlimited. Even though the design didnt change much but I personally like it in terms of simplicity. However, PlayStation Music is coming out soon and its going provide a different experience if not very similar to Spotify, for that I believe the Walkman app will get a major redesign (that is assuming PlayStayion Music will be integrated in it)

Message 157 of 252
Message 157 of 252

Led not blinking on playing music on my Xperia sp.
Visitor
Message 158 of 252
Message 158 of 252

Illuminatation bar( music beat efffect )is not working in xperia sp c5302 with this new walkman material design update.....plz help ......provide new update....
Regular
Message 159 of 252
Message 159 of 252

@Nikhil_Rana 

If you have updated your Xperia™ SP to Walkman® version 8.5.A.2.7, the music beat illumination may not fully work. The concerned team is aware of this issue and it will be fixed in next software release.

Visitor
Message 160 of 252
Message 160 of 252

On xperia sp the music beats totally not working after update and pls bring back the old icon back