account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

WALKMAN app art not showing individual mp3 info

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

WALKMAN app art not showing individual mp3 info

Dear Sony.
I came to the conclusion the walkman app doesn't show the Art which is saved in the mp3 header of a particular mp3 song.

For example: I have created my own album and placed several mp3's in it from different artists, songs and albums.
Every mp3 file has it's information about the artist, songname, writer, year, genre, on which album the songs is at from that artist, and which number on that album, and coworking artistsalbum. And the cover art of the songs single CD.
Very neat! And perfectly visible in programs like Windows Media Player.

To make these songs fall into my own 'various artists' -album, I had to adjust the albumname and coworking artist albumname for the Walkman app to see them as 1 album. But playing them shows only the cover art of the first file?

When I open the walkman app, click on menu, my library, my albums, I see my albums nicely and with a correct album art cover. (it shows the Art of the first file in that map, which is good enough)
But when I open the album all the files (or songs) have the same album art cover!?
Why not the file it's own coverart?
Double tapping the cover and clicking on artist shows nicely a picture of the artist and it finds all songs of this artist on my device. But I like to see the songs cover art! (the mp3's own header art).

Strange thing is, when I do the synchronization with your own program Media Go, I again see the album, with its first file cover art. Clicking the album to get to all the songs, I click on a songs and press play, the mp3 cover art shows in the leftbottom corner! Yet clicking on tab Artists shows again only the first cover art of the first file!
Looking at the proporties of one song you can clearly see under the Illustration tab the mp3 file has a cover art in it. Strange thing is it also shows like said before, in the leftbottom corner when playing the song.

How come the Art of the mp3 file itself isn't showing in the walkman app on the phone itself, and only the album cover art of the first file in the folder directory ??

Could this be fixed, please?
(Or at least give the user the option what to show...mp3 file art or albumart?)
Its not that bad, but its just a bit more neat, I believe. As other apps do play it like this....

Thanks....

Sent from my Sony Xperia™-smartphone
13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: WALKMAN app art not showing individual mp3 info

There's a way around it, you could use an app called album art grabber, also you should contact Sony directly on this issue

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

I forgot to ask, have you downloaded the album info through the walkman app? 

walkman > menu > download music info

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

@uliwooly: album art grabber, does this app straighten out the flaw in the walkman app? Ik don't believe it. Or do you mean this app can give your album or mp3 metadata an art, if so, thats not the issue. Issue is, the art in the metadata of the mp3 doesn't show in walkman app. Walkman only shows album art of all the files in the directory from the first file it finds.
PS: contact Sony directly? I thought this was the support forum by Sony with administrators who are Sony support employees? Winking Face

And yes,I also tried to download album (and/or songs) info through the build in info option of the app itself. And no this don't work, as mentioned by many, the server has crap info and secondly, of course this way don't work because I created my own album. Winking Face
Emperor
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

@Paultje This forum is for us, users, to help each other, if yoiu want to contact Sony directly use the link above. 

Rookie
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Thanks for thinking with me uliwooly, but going to the support site links me, down the bottom, also to the support forum which is this one. And there are users here working for Sony like @Rickard and im hoping they read my store and look into it to make it work and update the app. Ok 👌.
Regular
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Uppie?

Emperor
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

@Paultje 

Were you able to fix your issue?

Rookie
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Is it also showing '0' for the year? Because I think I'm having the same problem with Ogg Vorbis files. It seems like Sony designed the app with only AAC (MP4) in mind, and everything else was something of an afterthought.

Regular
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

No, still not fixed.
WALKMAN still doesn't show the albumart of the individual mp3 metadata. It only pics one from a folder and shows it to all the files thinking it is an albumart cover, not individual artcover.
@ahawkins82: no it does show the year correct from the files metadata. No problems with that.