account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Spotify on Walkman ?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Spotify on Walkman ?

Hello.

So I keep receiving messages from Sony telling me that Musing Unlimited service will close and Spotify will take it's place. 3 weeks left and I am unable to find any information about how the transition will happen.

My biggest concerns are: 

- Will Spotify be integrated to Walkman app, as Music Unlimited was ?

- Is there a way to import my Walkman (Music Unlimited) playlists into Spotify ? If no I'll need to start writing my playlists on paper right now if don't want to loose them all the 29th March.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TCo
Adept
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Re: Spotify on Walkman ?

@uliwooly wrote:

There's no more info regarding this, but if MusicUnlimited its integrated with Walkman I would assume the same will be true for spotify. 

Well now we know that this is not going to happen, at least in the near future.

"Since there are many questions about Spotify: There will not be any Spotify integration in Walkman in the near future. We know many of you want it, so we are keeping possibilities open, but do not expect anything to happen in this area."

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ErikZivkovic/posts/JJE1ehNZjwS?cfem=1

I highly recommend Google Play Music for everyone who wants to use good streaming service (better than Spotify IMO) and your own music files seamlessly with one app. I just started my free trial and it's great! And the best part is that it works with Android Wear too and just as great on non-Sony devices.

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

There's no more info regarding this, but if MusicUnlimited its integrated with Walkman I would assume the same will be true for spotify. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Keep your eyes on the official news blog

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/?rl=global-en

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Bring back Music Unlimited or integrate Spotify to Walkman

Well sony closed Music Unlimited and gave us a new service: Spotify. 

I have several questions: 

- Where are my playlists ? There are just gone, no way to export them, no way to move them to Spotify and no warning that there will be deleted just like that.

- Haw can I know what songs were played when I was running. Lifelog does that with walkman, now it's just telling me I was listening to Spotify.

- What app can I use to listen to the mp3 stored on my phone and those from Spotify. 

- What about the Smartwatch2 music player extension. The only one that stays foreground and you do not need to activate to go to next song ? Why does it not work with Spotify ?

Thank you for answering.

Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Re: Bring back Music Unlimited or integrate Spotify to Walkman

Just wanted to say thank you for replying me 3 weeks ago.

TCo
Adept
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@uliwooly wrote:

Well now we know that this is not going to happen, at least in the near future.

"Since there are many questions about Spotify: There will not be any Spotify integration in Walkman in the near future. We know many of you want it, so we are keeping possibilities open, but do not expect anything to happen in this area."

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ErikZivkovic/posts/JJE1ehNZjwS?cfem=1

I highly recommend Google Play Music for everyone who wants to use good streaming service (better than Spotify IMO) and your own music files seamlessly with one app. I just started my free trial and it's great! And the best part is that it works with Android Wear too and just as great on non-Sony devices.

Adviser
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Ok. I accept Google Play Music as a solution. 

And you can even change the storage to external sd for downloaded playlists.

Thank you Sony.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

My question with walkman is, I understand your decision to get rid of music unlimited, as far as Isaw it wasn't too popular..but, now looking at Walkman (normally I stream music on my way too and from work through Tune In and Slacker), I see that there's services as an option and it shows Spotify.

Not saying Spotify is bad, I don't use it. But is there a possibility to add other services, e.g. Slacker and Tune in, etc., as I (and I'm sure others) have subs in such services and don't see a need for signing up for or adding others. Would be nice to have pther options is all I'm getting at.

Thanks and really loving the z3, big Sony fan, just a small suggestion.
One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I use Allavsoft to download Spofity music offline to MP3.

Then transfer to the downloaded Spotify mp3 to Walkman for playback.

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hello, if you are familiar with Spotify, you may have known that it's impossible to transfer the music directly from Spotify to your Walkman. But don't worry. This post provides an alternative to play Spotify music to Sony Walkman with a few clicks only.