account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony walkman player bug after lollipop update

Learner
Message 31 of 62
Message 31 of 62

Re: Sony walkman player bug after lollipop update

I have Xperia z1 and earphones which are comes in the package
Visitor
Message 32 of 62
Message 32 of 62

I have the same audio issue as everyone else. I have the Sony Xperia Z1 - It seems that when I have the equalizer and sound effects activated the sound gets distorted after a while. So, the only solution for now is to disable equalizer and sound effect off. It all started after the lollipop update. It has nothing to do with earphones or headphones as I have tried multiple from Bose, Sony, Creative Labs and others and the sound is distorted on all of them.
Rookie
Message 33 of 62
Message 33 of 62

I have also facing same problem with Z1, no bass, no clear sound,, too much noise with earphones, please fixed it asap..
One time poster
Message 34 of 62
Message 34 of 62

Wow I though I was the only one. I have a Z3 compact and am getting the same issue. I've tried MP3, FLAC, SD card, Internal memory. Factory resets. System repair. NUplayer, awesome player all with the same result. The sound eventually loses cohesion after time.

I've also had the phone replaced and I get the same problem.

Please, please fix as I bought this mainly as a music player where the sound was stunning on Kitkat.

Commissioner
Message 35 of 62
Message 35 of 62

For all who have this bug 🐛.. Just do onething... Keep ur desired settings in Walkman equalizer.. Then.. Go to video apP and play a video and come.bak.to.Walkman app.. ..There u go.. Ur equalizer will work fine..
One time poster
Message 36 of 62
Message 36 of 62

Had the same problem then I instaled a new beta version of the app and everything works fine now. http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/05/27/music-beta-update-9-0-1-a-3-0-adds-quick-play-button/
Link for anyone who like to try....
Learner
Message 37 of 62
Message 37 of 62

I have Z1 compact and also have the problem of no impact of changing eq settings on my Walkman since Lollipop update yesterday. Really really annoyed about this as the Walkman was a massive factor in me choosing this phone. Tried the video app idea but no effect as far as I can see. Sony please get this sorted otherwise I will try to go back to Kitkat which had great sound.
One time poster
Message 38 of 62
Message 38 of 62

Sony Walkman WAS the best app for listening to music the UI was awesome the music quality of Sony was great.... And then came the LOLLIPOP update....with its new android UI and new freaking Walkman bug...can someone fix this problem coz it's really getting more and more annoying by the minute....
The music sounds terrible in my headphones.
The bass is completely gone.
Sometimes it doesn't work at all through the headphones.

Seriously SONY what are u guys trying to do...irritate us...Coz I was a fan of your work... Emphasis on the word "was"!
Learner
Message 39 of 62
Message 39 of 62

Yeah and also on mine the various eq settings (such as jazz, soul) make no audible difference and in fact the majority of the frequency settings seem to be bang in the middle (i e. Not boosted or reduced below 0). I am sure they didn't look like this before. Rubbish Sony.
One time poster
Message 40 of 62
Message 40 of 62

Fast forwarding on Xperia z2 lockscreen

Is there a third party application for this problem? Or will Sony be addressing this problem? Because it is quite inconvenient to unlock the phone, open the music player just to fast forward.