account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony walkman player bug after lollipop update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 21 of 62
Message 21 of 62

Re: Sony walkman player bug after lollipop update

I do have same problem using Mh1c headphone. I like recording songs but when I updated to lollipop,when I do recordings in smule I cannot hear my voice
One time poster
Message 22 of 62
Message 22 of 62

I have the same problem with my Sony Z1, after updating to lollipop, there is a definite problem with the sound. Like others I am experiencing, no bass, bad sound quality and high volume. Occasionally the sound is fine, occasionally it isn't. I have found no logic to it. It does not just happen with the walkman app. It happens with Google play music as well. This needs to be fixed asap Sony or you will lose many loyal customers!
Visitor
Message 23 of 62
Message 23 of 62

Hi everybody.

Here is a temporary solution. Found it accidentally.

In Walkman open settings,

then pick Sound Effects. 

In the bottom You will see Headphones.

Open it and cycle through random headsets. The sond should be back. 

One time poster
Message 24 of 62
Message 24 of 62

Temporary solution:
Go to settings>apps>downloaded > Walkman >
And tap on uninstall all updates. This will downgrade your walkman to factory version for the time being and you will have your bass back. Wait till sony rolls out the new walkman upgrade with bug fix.
Enjoy Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 25 of 62
Message 25 of 62

bug

I have update my phone to lolipop version.but i dont have bass sometimes while listen ti music..
One time poster
Message 26 of 62
Message 26 of 62

Hi zainnn, I tried the walkman app after uninstalling the updates but after a few songs on shuffle the bass is vanishing again. 

Forum Legend
Message 27 of 62
Message 27 of 62

Re: bug

Have you checked the Walkman audio settings? as you may have noise levelling enabled which can cancel out on some track the bass

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 28 of 62
Message 28 of 62

Only thing that seems to work for me is to go into Sound Effects and set the equaliser and surround sound to Off
5ud
One time poster
Message 29 of 62
Message 29 of 62

After updating my Z1 to lollipop 5.0.2 I'm too facing same issue with Walkman ( the music app,whose name and icon **bleep**) after sometime there is no bass and the song turns noisy. I even tried safe mode and I use mh 750 head phones
Learner
Message 30 of 62
Message 30 of 62

I am having the same problem with Walkman app which is now changed as music... Plz tell me how to fix this mess