account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony walkman player bug after lollipop update

One time poster
Message 41 of 62
Message 41 of 62

Re: Sony walkman player bug after lollipop update

Hi all, I got a same bug on My XperiaZ1....
To get back your bass, you need set back to default...

It's working after unchecked clearaudio+ and dynamic nomalizer...
And then don't forget to set your equalizer level is zero level (including bass)....

I am pretty sure there is a bug after you upgrade to lollipop... Because I have test if I am changed the settings of the Walkman(using Clearaudio+ or dynamic normalizer or change any level on equalizer), your bass will be gone....

Hopefully this could help you guys... And also hopefully Sonymobile team fix it as soon as possible....

Cheers
Message 42 of 62
Message 42 of 62

The adviced worked but for how long do I keep it in safe mode before i revert back to starting it normally?

Message 43 of 62
Message 43 of 62

If it works properly in safe mode, this means that there's a 3rd party app interfering with Music app functionality. You'll have to figure out which app is causing this by installing apps one by one and testing between.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 44 of 62
Message 44 of 62

Same thing happens to me on xperia z1 compact. I have to disable all sound effects or restart my phone to get the bass temporarily back. Please sony, don't make me regret my purchase. I even did a factory reset without any effect.

One time poster
Message 45 of 62
Message 45 of 62

After update walkman sound get worst it's play music without bass some time is automatically off plus fix it up I love this player please fix it guys
One time poster
Message 46 of 62
Message 46 of 62

Re: PROBLEM IN WALKMAN APP NO BASS!!

alternative solution to your problem  is to reset your phone,encountered the same problem after playing with my settings. So after resetting your phone dont change any settings in walkman, just plug your headsets and you should'nt experience that bug again

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 47 of 62
Message 47 of 62

Same problem here on Xperia z1
Learner
Message 48 of 62
Message 48 of 62

Friends i too have same problem with ma z1 after lollipop update.
Heres a sure working trick for bass...when bass is gone keep the song playing. Now follow these steps
1. Download noozxoide eizo rewire pro from playstore
2. Go to-->line in--->tick all options available there
3. Whoa the bass we missed is back

Firstly the nooz app doesnt triggers its own effects so chill u will enjoy the pure sony driven bass.

Well now to tell u this trick works for few hours only. The bug🐛 again shows itself. So forcestop this app. And then again the bass comes back.

Its quite easy though. But sony its must u clear dat audio bug.

Another issue is the battery life is worse aftr update. I see android os consuming most part of d battery in power management. Earlier in kitkat it was screen. NOW both os and screen. Need serious improvement on battery and sound. Otherwise everything is snappY
Learner
Message 49 of 62
Message 49 of 62

One more thing to add... After using the above mentioned trick all ur equaliser settings work as u set them up...u can full up the bass bar in equaliser and enjoy ur audio. Thankyou
One time poster
Message 50 of 62
Message 50 of 62

I notice that some similar problem started after I update the app Musicmatch. Suddenly the sound of the music players became very loud and bad, after few seconds went back to normal. When I unistalled that app, the problem was solved.