account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Podcasts app seriously needs a library update

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Podcasts app seriously needs a library update

I just posted this but it's not showing in the forum, so here I go again.

They podcasts app was just updated, but it still has a horrendously out of date library and the trending podcasts, most of which are abandoned, has yet to change for the year I had my Z3 Compact. The library is laughable with very few of the popular podcasts seen on Itunes, Stitcher and Soundcloud. Most are of a religious affiliation, and a majortiy of the library are old, abandoned podcasts that no longer receives updates. The add URL function ceases to work as well. THis app has the ability to be great and an alternative to us having to downlpad yet another app. What can be done to give this library a proper update with active podcast from networks like the Loud Speakers Network (which you only carry one of their many podcasts).

5 REPLIES 5
Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Z2 Podcasts

I like the built in podcast functionality in the videos app, but the selection seems very limited and extremely outdated. The add url function also never works correctly. Can anyone give me some insight into adding more podcasts to this app. There are several on soundcloud and loudspeakers network I would like to listen to natively.

Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia Z2 Podcasts

You might want to contact Sony on this

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Xperia Z2 Podcasts

BTW which update do you have ?

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/04/28/two-separate-updates-hitting-the-video-app-build-9-1-a-0-8-and-...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Podcast library needs an update! Why the update but same out of date library?

So I love the podcast feature but the podcast selection is terrible and could really use an update. Seeing the podcast app update on my Z3C this morning was filled with disappointment when the trending podcast section was not updated and still includes several abandoned podcasts. Most of the library is made up of abandoned podcasts that have not received a new epiosode sice 2014 and it's senseless. I would prefer the 1st party app and not something like stitcher.

Is there anything that can be done to flush out the podcast library and update it with fresh popular podcast like The Read and Tax Season (Loud Speakers Network)?

Since many of the popular podcasts are on itunes, the url option is pretty useless as well. Or could be better by interpreting a wider array of URLs.

Regular
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Podcast library needs an update! Why the update but same out of date library?

I figured out a solution, although I may be super late to this because I am just now getting into podcast. The URL function works but for those podcast that are only on itunes with no actual rss link, there are several sirtes, like this one that will convert the podcast into an rss link that the app can understand. They even show up with their images and the such. I would consider this issue resolved with the workaround but not addressed by the sony team.