account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Play music by Genre on Walkman App

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Play music by Genre on Walkman App

Hi Sony. Your walkman app totally represents Sony music as a very big thing. How can it be missing one very top notch feature which is playing back music according to "Genre"?

I have playlists, albums, artists and then all songs.

Playing by Genre is what the most cheapest music players even have and up till date, its missing even on your latest update. This because walkman is an intuitive app missing a No1 feature. Unbelievable. I actually thought my walkman app had a problem or that it wasn't reading my music.

Will this be added at all??

11 REPLIES 11
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Play music by Genre on Walkman App

Which phone and Walkman application version are you using?

Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I'm using Sony Xperia Z and my walkman app version is 7.15.A.0.0
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I checked this and unfortunately this option is not available for local files but I will forward it as feedback to concerned team.

Rookie
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Ok. It's a very basic important feature please.

Thank you.
One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Has this been reolved yet? as i have been waiting for the genre app as well.

Dennis

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Wwhy why why does Sony just persist in not adding the Genre sorting function in the walkman apps? it's the last barrier to using what could have been a fantastic app. Walkman keeps updating recently and yet I am disappointed every time.

Visitor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

i dont use the walkman app for just this reason. how hard can it be to add??

Visitor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Greetings, 

it is 02222015. my BlackBerry Pearl flip recently died. and it was a perfect phone. i was talked into purchasing this piece of crap sorry excuse Xperia Z3 "smart phone" from my local T-Mobile shop. my 8220 ran circles around this Z3. and if i ever find another one, im getting it. i find it beyond belief that a new "smart phone" cannot do a simple function as sort music by genre??? HOW STUPID IS THIS?? can anyone tell me if there is even a way to sort music/songs like this on this phone? as you can tell im old and stupid, and "smart phones" have a lot to be desired. (i.e. they **bleep**!!!) hope someone some where can shed some light on this issue. as you can see, it shouldnt be too difficult, if an old 8220 Blackberry pearl flip phone from 2009 had this capability, this newer more advanced technology should be able to. what a crying shame.

Visitor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

i took my Xperia Z3 back to tmobile today. i had enough. i got the iphone 6. waaaay better in quality, and options needed. DITCH the Xperia. its a JOKE!!!