account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Notifications from WhatsApp mutes the media sound

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Notifications from WhatsApp mutes the media sound

Thanks @Cameron. I am only playing songs directly from my mobile as I try to isolate the issue with SD card.

Sadly, all the suggestions failed to solve this issue. The sound will occassionally stop while the track remains playing from music app.  Hopefully you guys can come up with a solution, whether it's hardware or software that can fix this issue.

Commissioner
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Notifications from WhatsApp mutes the media sound

After a week of trials, still unable to locate the issue. But one discovery is that the sound would randomly stop mostly at the beginning of a song. If you allow the song to continue playing without sound, it will just continue playing even after the lapse time of the song. Unless you fast forward to the next song, the app will just continue rolling on that song without stopping. This issue is also prevalent iOS.

Hope Sony can look into it to find a patch. Thanks.