account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Notifications from WhatsApp mutes the media sound

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Notifications from WhatsApp mutes the media sound

Anyone experience this? When playing the music app and a message from Whatsapp comes in, occassionally the sound would just stop while the song continues to play?

I overcome this with forwarding than rewinding back to start of the song. But shouldn't other apps not interfere with Music app while in use?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sudden lost of sound during play

@Bearings,

I know notifications can dim the sound so you know a notification has come in, but I don't know about completely silencing it. Does it only happen with Whatsapp? 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Not only Whatsapp...it happens randomly. The music will play along and suddenly the sound is gone. When u check the app, the music is still playing. I have did a total repair twice and reloaded Music apps countless times, removed any apps I thot causing the issue. Just last night I reloaded Whatsapp but the issue persisted.
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

And by reloading, I clear all cache, data, force stop and uninstall.
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@Bearings,

Does it still do it in safe mode?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I tried playing in safe mode before...it's okay. I will try safe mode again to see whether this issue persist. I read somewhere it may also be my NC31 headphone. Shall update later.
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@Bearings,

Thanks, let us know what you come up with Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Re: Notifications from WhatsApp mutes the media sound

Well, I go into safe mode and started playing songs and immediately the first song went soundless. So I thought it might be my NC31EM not functioning well. I updated all apps that needed updating today including smart connect and had a great uninterrupted music enjoyment on my ride home. I thot it maybe my earphones issue so I tried it with another set of earphones. The issue appeared after the first song - no sound but the music app is playing. So it's nothing to do with earphones.

Hope you people can try figure out what's causing this.
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I am now trying the follow suggestion from this guy who has issue with sound from his phone and how he solved it.  For the record I am using Sony 16GB card for my Z2, not scan disk :smileysmileywink:. Now testing to see whether the problem can be resolve.

Fixed: No sound coming from headphones or external speakers connected to your mobile phone

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Bearings,

In addition to those steps, try transfer some music to your internal memory and play it off there instead of the SD card.