account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Not avaliavle edit in the music Xperia Z5 Compact in Android 6.0

Adviser
Message 31 of 37
Message 31 of 37

Re: Music app Edit Song Info with Android 6.0

It seems like with 917a00 update the 'edit info' option is back and working on my SD. However, some files are excluded. Who knows why? And, the old general 'update all info' option would be a welcomed comeback.

Thanks, anyway Slightly smiling Face

Message 32 of 37
Message 32 of 37

Re: How to set Artist image for Sony music app?

i know this. it's not what i'm looking for. not album cover, i want artist cover? 

@CameronT

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 33 of 37
Message 33 of 37

Re: Not avaliavle edit in the music Xperia Z5 Compact in Android 6.0

sketch-1460045587693.png

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 34 of 37
Message 34 of 37

thank you Sony. The Music App updated itself last night and the edit function has returned! Great news for me! Tahnk you again

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 35 of 37
Message 35 of 37

Glad "edit info" is restored, but we still need to get the "download music info for all songs" function back, as it also did a great job re-arranging all the songs that (for some reason) go directly into the "Artist Unknown". No rhyme or reason here: everytime I import my library after an OS update there's always a bunch of random albums that get stripped off their metadata and the sole idea of rearranging them track by track is bonkers. Using the "download music info for all songs" takes about 7-8 hours as-is! So please, add that back!!!

That said, I noted now you can edit the Artist image, which is awesome!!! I used to have wrong artists photos scattered here and there (most notable offender: Pitbull appearing in place of The Beatles), which now I can fix to my heart's content. Even for my favourite artists, there's always a better photo to choose from. Thanks!!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 36 of 37
Message 36 of 37

Re: Not avaliavle edit in the music Xperia Z5 Compact in Android 6.0

Hi All,

Late to this message board I know.  I still have a load of albums with unknown artist.  Anyone know how to edit this information.  I can edit album info but it only lets me edit the album title and year.  Please help....preferably not with needing to download an app Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 37 of 37
Message 37 of 37

Re: sony music app

Omg same here. I tried everything from restarting my phone to the music app but nothing is happening. The updates have been wrecking somany things on the phone.