account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Not avaliavle edit in the music Xperia Z5 Compact in Android 6.0

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 21 of 37
Message 21 of 37

sony music app

Hi, I recently di the update to Android Marshmallow and previously to that there had been an update to the Sony Music App on my Xperia Z5. As I didn't use the music player between that update and the Marshmallow update I don't know which might be to blame (if either).
My problem is that I can no longer edit the music info, such as Song Title and Track Number or Artist, or artwork.
A lot of my songs got reasigned to "unknown artist" and I can't change them back. Taping on the song artwork as I previously used to do, brings up a menu but the "edit info" option does not appear at all.
I imported a new album to see if the edit choice came up for new files, but no - still the same.
I can still play everything there, no problem, it's just annoying to have to trawl through a load of "unknown artist" albums to find things and I would like to add artwork to any new albums I add.

I tried "Google Music" and it is the same, tapping the album artwork brings up a menu, but the edit option is missing
I've thought maybe I need to remove the app and reinstall ... but I'm not sure this would help?

Thank you all in avance for any advice you can give.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 22 of 37
Message 22 of 37

Re: Not avaliavle edit in the music Xperia Z5 Compact in Android 6.0

Same problem z3 plus,I phoned Xperia care who said their was nothing they can do at present so now can no longer edit track info or album art, I miss my Walkman
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 23 of 37
Message 23 of 37

so Sony said they couldn't do anything "at the moment" ... does this mean they couldn't give a monkey's and don't intend to do anything and we just have to like it or lump it, or will they eventually get round to fixing it?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 24 of 37
Message 24 of 37

I am also waiting for a fix to this annoying bug Slightly frowning Face

Message 25 of 37

I read somewhere on this forum that the 'download info' feature is now automatic in Music, but doesn't work with SD cards.

I hope it will do in a very near future because I think I am not the only customer keeping GBs of music on a SD card.

It is sooo annoying listening to 'unknown artist'/'unknown album'/'unknown track' (especially when this feature did work well with Lollipop)  ;-)

Message 26 of 37
Message 26 of 37

How to set Artist image for Sony music app?

Screenshot_2016-04-04-03-48-55.png

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 27 of 37
Message 27 of 37

Re: How to set Artist image for Sony music app?

@yildirim2022

The app will download the album info, but it doesn't seem to work if the music files are on the SD card, you can also use MediaGo or another app such as album grabber. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 37
Message 28 of 37

Re: How to set Artist image for Sony music app?

Hi @yildirim2022,

Welcome to the community,

You can download album art online using the Music or Walkman applications. You can also select an image from the Album application to use as album art. You might not be able to download album art for certain copyright-protected items.

Note! The steps for changing the album art vary depending on your Xperia device and the version of the Music application.

To add or change the album art for a song

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Music.
  3. From the Music app home screen, browse to the relevant song or album.
  4. In the main view of the Music player, tap the album cover in the mini player at the bottom of the screen.
  5. Tap the menu button next to the song title (three vertical dots), then tap Edit music info.
  6. Tap the album cover, then select an option.
  7. When you're done, tap Save.

If you are on a newer version of Android, the process above may not be available. If that is the case I would recommend a third party app such as Album Art Grabber, which is a free third party app available on the Google Play Store that should be able to pull the album art for you.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 29 of 37
Message 29 of 37

Music app Edit Song Info with Android 6.0

After update of Music App with Android 6.0 I cannot find how to edit song info. There was a central place to download music info for all songs, I cannot find such menu anymore. Even in the current song that is playing there was a menu to edit song info, that menu has disappeared too.  Any suggestion how to edit song info is much appreciated

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 30 of 37
Message 30 of 37

Re: Music app Edit Song Info with Android 6.0

this seems to be the big question. It's fine for Sony to say download a third party app for artwork, but I really want the old "edit music info" choice as it was before the uodate to Android 6. Time is getting on, it;s been a few weeks now and yet no movenment on this issue. It was a readily available feature on the old Android system, so how hard can it be to get it back in version 6?