account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Musicapp autostart prpblem after Android 9

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Musicapp autostart prpblem after Android 9

Hello, I used my phone for music streaming while driving my cars.

The Phone Was automaticaly connectinh to cars bluetooth and start my music application,with help from tasker. 

After Android 9 upgrade The app wont start when screen is locked. .

So I have to take up The Phone and unlock it everytime I start The car. 

I have tried diffrent apps to start The music app but with The same issue. So there seems to be a block for autostarted apps in Android 9?

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Musicapp autostart prpblem after Android 9

Try clearing bluetooth cache & data, see if that helps.

My car manual advises me to do so after a phone update.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I've tried that. The problem still exist and I have been testning this alot with diffrent bluetooth devices and apps. It have been like this ever since android 9. 0 (about 3 months) I've had some hope for a fix by now...

I've tried with countless of app autostarters like tasker and smart connect.

But no app wont start when the screen is locked anymore. 

Pioneer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I must admit I haven given it up some time ago.

On my X with Android 7 it did connect and start, on Oreo it didn't and now I'm on Pie and I gave up after 2 attempts.

The solution I used on Oreo was using MacroDroid (like Tasker) and talk to my device to ask for music.

It started Spotify.

Spotify however makes its own choices and I didn't always get the music I wanted to listen to.

Anyway, there was music.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't